Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have one odd one and one easy.

The easy is the drivers side mirror heater has stopped working. The passenger side is fine. Any Ideas.

Now the odd one. The indicator on the passenger side wing mirror does not work when you indicate. However it does flash when you lock the car. Would this be a relay?

Both will be done under warratee but I like to find out what might be happening just for after warrantee time.

Thanks

·
400 Posts
could be a relay. my leon did some funny indicating things when the relay went on it.

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jsmills said:
could be a relay. my leon did some funny indicating things when the relay went on it.
Left it in today for the few bits and a little bit of a rattle. Tipically the indicator was working again and couldn't get the rattle in tgeh passenger side B piller to happen properly even though I get driven mad by it most of the time.

Anyway. They seemed to believe me about both and will have a look and see what can be found.

Always happens.

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tyrrp][quote=jsmills said:
Left it in today for the few bits and a little bit of a rattle. Tipically the indicator was working again and couldn't get the rattle in tgeh passenger side B piller to happen properly even though I get driven mad by it most of the time.

Anyway. They seemed to believe me about both and will have a look and see what can be found.

Always happens.[/quote]

Well got it back and there is a slight improvement with the rattle. However the passenger seatbelt now doesn't retract and the high adjuster is stuck. Back it goes this Thursday. I really don't like half assed work.

·
400 Posts
bummer, sloppy work never inspires confidence. Especially since it means they didnt check it before returning it.

My interpritation on the service desk at an average dealer ->

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jsmills said:
bummer, sloppy work never inspires confidence. Especially since it means they didnt check it before returning it.

My interpritation on the service desk at an average dealer ->
Well brought it back to them yesterday to have the seatbelt released. Went back half an hour later and the job was done. Got in and leaned over to check it. Moved fine. Then I noticed a bit of dust so I rubbed it and guess what, it didn't come off. It is actually a stretch in the plastic. They must have hit it to hard putting the panel back on and stretched the plastic over one of the push points. Now they have to replace it.

·
400 Posts
hmm more poor work ignored / tried to be fobbed off.

do you have another dealer nearby, i would try someone else..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, have the same problem of the heated mirror not working. The dealer has told me it is the glass in the mirror and they will replace it under warranty on my '07 Altitude. Belfast VW............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts