Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If, like me, you don't do a big mileage, then, given that the Treg windscreen washer reservoir is so big, you may get caught out by an early frost, just like I did last year, when the washer fluid concentration is too weak.

And then when you go to use the rear wash wipe first thing in the morning, the ice blocks the pipe in the roof lining and causes it to blow thus flooding washer fluid into the roof lining. Not good.

So don't get caught out: top up your washer fluid to winter strength sooner rather than later.

I did mine today!

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Didn't realise the rear washer bottle fluid went into the roof :shock:

Is this true - what a mistaka to maka

Going to check mine now and make sure it has the required concentration as my var stands outside in all weathers.

Cass

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cost me ?100 plus VAT to fix.

The car was in having a new propshaft fitted and Windrush spotted the leak which I knew about and was going to ask my local body shop to drop the lining so I could do it.

However, Windrush knew immediately what and where the problem was and exactly how to fix it as they gave me a fixed price, so I came to the conclusion it is not an uncommon fault and vowed not to be caught out again!

G

·

Sound advise yet again from the noobster.

My beast had the same issue and the water ran from the middle of the roof-lining (just by the rear parking sensor light unit) and then down towards the CD changer.

G

·
Just an extra thought to add to Noob's wise words, and prompted by Cass's remarks about the pipework in the roof.

We probably use our rear washers pretty infrequently, so chances are if you only recently added lots of screenwash that the water in the pipes from bottle to rear nozzle (must be 15 feet) is not freeze proof :shock:

So be a little extravagant and run your rear washer for several seconds till you're certain the full strength mix is coming through.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts