Medical reason43.88%
Road Presence 1615.53%
Saftey109.71%
Other2928.16%
P&ss of the neighbours43.88%

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
Other - 2 Big dogs, and the need to tow.

Coulda had an Estate, and when the dogs get older, that may be the case, but for now am spoilt by what the Treg has to offer.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Because I could. And because the boys and girls with clipboards, dreadlocks and tie-dyed tee shirts on Bath High Street don't like it. As soon as I can find the cash, I'm going to buy a Touareg Blue Motion to really mess with their heads ...

Also, I somehow think that the Touareg (and other 4x4's, tbh) are cheaper and have a slightly less crusty image than an A8 or 7 Series, S-class, Jag XJ but give you a very similar experience of being in a superior vehicle, so I've ticked 'road presence' but that isn't really what I mean.

Chris

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wurzel said:
Because I could. And because the boys and girls with clipboards, dreadlocks and tie-dyed tee shirts on Bath High Street don't like it. As soon as I can find the cash, I'm going to buy a Touareg Blue Motion to really mess with their heads ...

Also, I somehow think that the Touareg (and other 4x4's, tbh) are cheaper and have a slightly less crusty image than an A8 or 7 Series, S-class, Jag XJ but give you a very similar experience of being in a superior vehicle, so I've ticked 'road presence' but that isn't really what I mean.

Chris
POSE ..... !!
otherwise Kia Sorrento would have done the job .... i am not at the stage in my life yet where i can drive a Kia, ... yes i am shallow i admit it .... but i have Treg !!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Other

I was looking for an estate to get the boot space, when I looked at the Treg this matched the price and space of a good quality estate so went for the big 4x4 that will get me out of the mire on campsites and country lanes etc in luxury and significantly more safety for passengers (not so much for the pedestrians, but they have walked out in front of me no matter what I have driven and at least if they lie down quickly they might miss the tyres and come out unscathed :roll:)

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Originally we bought a 4x4 simply cos we could - we then tried on two occassions to live with a Saloon car, but didn't like it and went back into 4x4's again.

i picked other

·
Elite Member
1,283 Posts
I've gone for "other" too.

Having driven company cars for 20 years with the high tax on the cars and any accessories I could never afford a bit of luxury.

So when I changed jobs last year it gave me the chance to get my own vehicle which was big enough for the family, could tow or carry plenty and was fun to drive.

I always liked the look of Tregs and the "bells and whistles" are all in there so I thought I'd go for it.

As with everyone else on the site - I am convinced that I made the right decision

I just need to work out how to trade up to a newer model without raising the suspicions of SWMBO

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shytot said:
I've gone for "other" too.

Having driven company cars for 20 years with the high tax on the cars and any accessories I could never afford a bit of luxury.

So when I changed jobs last year it gave me the chance to get my own vehicle which was big enough for the family, could tow or carry plenty and was fun to drive.

I always liked the look of Tregs and the "bells and whistles" are all in there so I thought I'd go for it.

As with everyone else on the site - I am convinced that I made the right decision

I just need to work out how to trade up to a newer model without raising the suspicions of SWMBO
I've been trying to think of a valid argument to get a V10 instead of a 2.5R5 .... not easy !

·
108 Posts
Because I could.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
What's an SUV?

I bought a four wheel drive!

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
bnl]Its a [b]S[/b]ports [b]U[/b]tility [b]V[/b said:
ehicle, ie VW Touaregs are classified as such
Irony lost!

My point is I did not buy a "sports utility vehicle" which is a dreadful American term.

I don't do sports and my car is used offroad every day so it's a 4x4!

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Road presence is doing well, but i wounder, should i have written

"to intimidate rather than be intimidated",

Mummy on the school run in her suv because a big car is safer, even if she is using that mobile without a hands free !!

I cant believe there are only two posers, we all like to show off our Tregs lol, .....

·
224 Posts
TO POSE......................that's honesty for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This might not be so popular here...

I didn't want one. My wife is pregnant, she did her back in a while ago and doesn't want to struggle anymore than necessary with all the stuff bambinos need. The A4 cabriolet had to go. We needed something with the space of an estate but without all the bending over to get the kiddy winkles in and out. Plus, she always wanted a 4x4, she earned the cash to buy one and so she got one. I steered her away from the RR Sport as I suggested the cost of an orange perma-tan might be prohibitive and anyway she'd struggle more than she realised since I would be the other car :twisted: Before she found out there was something in the oven we were looking at Maserattis.... Ah, well.

4x4s always fell into the the no-no category of vehicles for me, not because of any environmental concerns (we bought second hand anyway, show me a new car that doesn't polute more than that) no, because to my thinking they are pointless vehicles - unless you're a farmer. On the other hand, the Touareg did always score points with me because it looked good, the best by a long margin IMHO. Secretely, I'd always fancied one.

Having driven it, my views have changed somewhat. I enjoy driving it, it certainly has loads of room and I don't feel like one of the Mitchell brothers driving it. In fact, I bloody love it! Plus, the wife earned the spondoolies to buy one, she can buy what she likes.

There you go, honesty.

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
Tent, dog, the wife, big 4 x 4 looks, ease of entry/access, good driving position, technically advanced, good engine, reasonable economy, gadgets, just fits on my drive, it's a VW and of course the pose factor

Cass

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Interesting results.

Looks like nobody got stuck in the snow then Dal!

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wurzel said:
Interesting results.

Looks like nobody got stuck in the snow then Dal!
So far it is evident "other" reasons being ones individual needs supersedes any other reason, in other words no one really bought an suv for the hell of it or to keep up with the Jones, and we bought Touaregs because it is the best SUV for the money for out practical needs.

However that might change if some posers log on

With my bridgestones i would probably get stuck in the snow anyway !

·
224 Posts
Ok then maybe i did tell a little porkie. i did buy my Treg for practicality and also for posing in. You have gotta feel good in your car otherwise you will never apreciate it. as the saying goes "you are what you drive"

Plus i had a landrover before and they are by far the worse heap of sh** have ever bought
. I also bought that for practical reasons and i didn't feel good in that so it had to go.

i love my Treg it brings a big smile to my face. We go to my in-laws caravan occasionally and there is a nice elderly couple there who thought i was a footballer cos i was in my Treg.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts