Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for a laugh.....
Post what reason made you pick a T-Reg and what age you are.....

Just to see who the T-Reg really appeals to.......

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
33 years old/young

After the birth of our first child, our Beetle was too small and we decided we needed something bigger that would also take 2 dogs and all the bits and bobs we carry around

Saw the Touareg Commercials on television and just fell in love - so decided to send myself and my family to financial oblivion and bought one - best thing we ever did

Still in love

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(mjstubley @ Mar 18 2006, 09:50 PM)33 years old/young?

After the birth of our first child, our Beetle was too small and we decided we needed something bigger that would also take 2 dogs and all the bits and bobs we carry around

Saw the Touareg Commercials on television and just fell in love - so decided to send myself and my family to financial oblivion and bought one - best thing we ever did

Still in love?

[snapback]19537[/snapback]​

With who??? Your first child, Your partner, The dogs or The T-Reg.........

·
Registered
635 Posts
29 when I got my first Touareg, now 32.

Actually wanted the Audi S4 to replace my S3 (had always been into pocket rocket hatchbacks), but my wife didn't like it. Since she had just bought a Boxster S, I decided to go all sensible and get something big enough for our (then yet to be started) family.

Now we're three and the Treg suits us perfectly....

And until my wife finally forces us to sell it, I still get to bomb around in the Boxster when she's not looking.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Ripe old age of 38

On my second Treg now first 2.5TDI then V10

The reason is it to be found aside from the fact it is an awsome piece of kit

Probably the safest car/ suv/4x4 I have ever driven

And as my friends call me " Coz he can"

·
Ex-Treg owner
1,984 Posts
Me 50 & SWMBO 40.

Moved house & reduced to 1 car & 1 m/c. Wanted all-round car for my part of world. Previously owned Trooper, Terrano II & Disco between the 2 of us & wanted that sort of car again. Liked understated styling of Treg & power/smoothness of V6 TDi.

Rob

·
Registered
590 Posts
looks like I'm the grand dad round here at 44.

Just loved the V10 engine, and liked the interior far more than many competitors, as well as the exterior styling

·
37 Posts

Had mine just over 2 years now.

Had originally got a Ford Maverick on order then received a fax at work for a cheap contract hire price on a Treg.

I'd never seen one on the roads around York and I like to stand out from the crowd!!! so cancelled the Maverick and ordered the Treg with out even test driving it
so choose mine on looks alone.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
QUOTE(carljohnston @ Mar 18 2006, 04:37 PM)Just for a laugh.....
Post what reason made you pick a T-Reg and what age you are.....

Just to see who the T-Reg really appeals to.......?

[snapback]19531[/snapback]​

And you ?????

·
72 Posts
38. on second treg - both 2.5. had a passat before but got three kids now so needed more room. (although its not much !).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Buster @ Mar 19 2006, 04:17 PM)And you ?????
[snapback]19576[/snapback]​

Well im d baby round hear then..... 20.....
Was looking at a load of cars n just fell for the T-Reg....
So off to the dealers n ordered a new one.....

Have it 2 weeks now, and love it to bits.....

Carl

·
66 Posts
54 here. Bought first Treg in July 2005 and second in February 2006.

Liked the look and drive of the car but just like cars, this TReg is 59th vehicle owned in 34 years!

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
20???

I was scagging around in an m reg Mini when I was 20

Bloody yoof of today

Honest!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(mjstubley @ Mar 19 2006, 09:14 PM)20???

I was scagging around in an m reg Mini when I was 20

Bloody yoof of today

Honest!
[snapback]19588[/snapback]​

Ah well i have trouble fitting in most cars with comfort....
Im just shy off 6Ft8"

Ah but still ill put my hands up n say i love it...
I have had a Megan, Transit, 406, Golf and now this....

Oh the joys to being young

·
Registered
218 Posts
30 when I got the Treg..... needed bigger car, my Leon Cupra R was getting a bit cramped.... got 2 teenage kids... that moaned endlessly... I really wanted a S4, but it was no better for space...

·
1,553 Posts
25 when i go my treg love it to bits nothing else like it style and drive wise for me

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
QUOTE(carljohnston @ Mar 19 2006, 08:31 PM)Ah well i have trouble fitting in most cars with comfort....
Im just shy off 6Ft8"

Ah but still ill put my hands up n say i love it...
I have had a Megan, Transit, 406, Golf and now this....

Oh the joys to being young

[snapback]19589[/snapback]​

I was 6ft 3 and 23 stone when I had my Mini

Had a special kit to move the drivers seat back over the cross member and an original Cooper Steering Wheel

Remember the Policy Academy films where Hightower nicks a Honda Civic and rips the seat out so he can drive from the back seat? You get the picture

The Treg is the first car I've been able to afford that takes my size and the rest of the family!

One thing to notice though

I seem to recall some Marketing Company wanted to do some Research on Treg Drivers but the minimum age was something like 36

Seems like VW have a seriously flawed marketting and customer focus plan given that there are so many squirts on here..............

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Needs of family and finances allowed so we bought something we'd always fancied.
(42)

·
9 Posts
I've had all the golfs, mk1-5 and very very happy with VW. Always loved the Touaregs and thought one day will purchase one. Our son is 18 months old, and decided we needed something bigger (thats what l told my wife anyway!)
I'm 32 years old.

Couldn't be happier...

·
18 Posts
QUOTE(JAYZEE @ Mar 20 2006, 01:20 PM)I've had all the golfs, mk1-5 and very very happy with VW. Always loved the Touaregs and thought one day will purchase one. Our son is 18 months old, and decided we needed something bigger (thats what l told my wife anyway!)
I'm 32 years old.

Couldn't be happier...

[snapback]19650[/snapback]​

35 2kids a westie and sunday football thick mud ,perfect.luv it.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts