Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a problem with my 2004 2,5 tiptronic:

Whenever the car has been parked over night and i start it up and set it into Drive or Any Gear it doesn't transfer mye trottle unto the wheels. First after letting it run for about a minute i have enough power through the gearbox to drive normal.
Even though i hit the throttle hard it doesn`t transfer any power unto the wheels and it basically just stands still until i have waited for a minute for the car to be warm even though my RPM is 3-4 thousand it doesen`t move. It is no big problem but very irritating when i am in a hurry to get somewhere.

Does anybody have the same problem or hav fixed a similar problem.???

Thanks for any feedback.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Strange.

Do you hear/feel it click into gear when you select Drive or do you feel it at any point during the first minute or so waiting you describe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel it click and the Shift is in the right gear beacause it releases some power to the wheels, but in order for the power to be strong enough to drive i have to wait a minute for it to build pressure or release the automatic clutch.

It seems like the clutch is stuck and after the engine has gone a minute it releases.

I had a Audi once and when it was really cold here in Norway it refused to when cold get over 4,000 rpm until it was a little bit warmer and it seems the same but no power even to drive forward just the sound of the throttle on high rpm and makes me look like i never learned to drive properly. High RPM but slow speed if i drive it before it`s a little warm (a couple of minutes)

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
And you've checked the gearbox lubricant levels, right?

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
I'd get that problem checked straightaway without driving the car any further in case I did a whole lot of damage to the clutch plates in the box.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Oh, yes. Ditto absolutely. Forgot to say that myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts