Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
If you want to retain any offroad ability [even if onyl to cross a wet field at your kid's sports day for example without embarrassing yourself and, much more importantly, your kid!] and/or ride comfort, be careful in your choice of wheel sizes and tyres.

IMO it's a great shame to see capable 4x4s have one of their key abilities destroyed by bling wheels, but I do enjoy laughing my head off at Range Rover Sports utterly defeated by an inch of mud at English summer showgrounds!!

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I should have said that I would like to increase the wheel size only 1" possibly 2" max as the original wheels are a tad bland. I do have a spare set of standard wheels with Offroad tyres fitted just for those fun outings

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
electro said:
Maybe I should have said that I would like to increase the wheel size only 1" possibly 2" max as the original wheels are a tad bland. I do have a spare set of standard wheels with Offroad tyres fitted just for those fun outings
Glad to hear it!!

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
The other thing I should have said is that I understand the 2.5 wheel nut centres are different to other Tregs as they use VW Transporter hubs.

So, just in case you were not aware of this, you have to be careful you get the right wheels to fit your car as wheels are not interchangeable across the range.

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I beleive the wheels I would like are the "valley" ones, any idea where to buy them(apart from Vdub)

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts