Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, love the site, so much info here but i can't seem to find out the answer to my problem. I'll let you know whats happened!!!

Brought my treg 4 weeks ago, 2.5 tdi R5. Unfortunatley i didn't like the standard wheels so decided i'll buy myself a new set. See a lovely set of 20" Ayers on ebay and snapped em up. In my haste to get the wheels on the treg, i didn't check on a small matter of pcd, doh!!! So with the motor jacked up, standard wheels off and a confused look as to why the new wheel won't line up, i noticed my mistake :oops:

What i would like to know is what on earth can i do!! I have a few questions - Firstly, will 20"er's actually fit on a R5? If so,would it be advisable to use a set of pcd adaptors would the wheels 'stick' out to much? How much of a big job is it to change the hub to a 5x130 (if at all possible!)? Do vw make a set of decent wheels with a 5x120 pcd?

Any comments would be great, thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
As you say, 2.5's are the one Treg with different fitment.

Personally I'm not a fan of using hub adaptors etc...stresses and strains etc etc

There are definitely different wheels out there which will fit a 2.5.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replys. As much as it pains me i do agree and think the best/cheapest way to go is to sell and get a new set. I do want to have genuine vw wheels, does anyone knows if vw do a set of 20" 5x120?

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
d-clarkie said:
Thanks for the quick replys. As much as it pains me i do agree and think the best/cheapest way to go is to sell and get a new set. I do want to have genuine vw wheels, does anyone knows if vw do a set of 20" 5x120?
There are no 20'' OEM's for the R5
Performance Alloys sell sets of replica VW Alloys with the correct PCD - they certainly do the Atheo 19'' (I reckon this is the best size for Treg anyway) but not sure about the Ayres Rocks

HTH

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Before my current 3.0 TD1 I had a 2.5 running on 19 inch "Mountain" wheels whick looked good

Cas

·
59 Posts
Ive got the same. Decent size and I think the ride quality is not compromised

1 - 7 of 7 Posts