Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, im a wirgin :wink: to this site, im glad ive found you all! Ive been toungue dragging getting a Treg for quite a while now. I think my ideal model would be a 3.0 tdi altitude but id go for any diesel model for the right price.

Anyway, im posting in the wheel section as id like to get a set of kahn 22'' in readiness for my Treg as and when i get one. Yes barn bolt horse,i know :mrgreen: .Id like to know the pcd/offset for the Treg's. Ive been reasearching for hours but i find varying facts! 5x120 and 5x130.offset???? Is there variation between the treg models and if so what is it? Cheers.

·
59 Posts
I think the 2.5 Tdi has the 120. All the others are 130

·
Registered
876 Posts
I would watch the 22" wheels they can give a fairly harsh ride.A bit like driving on rubber bands.

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
If you want to ruin the ride quality and delete the off roading capability to the point where you are likely to get stuck on wet grass, then fit 22" wheels!

Note that the wheels from 2.5 diesels don't fit other Tregs because the hubs on the 2.5 are from Transporter vans so I'd wait until you've got the car of your choice, drive it for a while to get the feel of it and then make your mind up about the wheels you want if you really don't like the ones that came with the car.

You will possibly save yourself more than enough to chip the car and enjoy more go than show.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies
I agree with your views although im not interested in a speed machine or a scrambler as such. I'll have to wait 'till i get one before i jump in with the wheels especially as they are different sizes. You wouldnt happen to know of a good auction to look at buying a Treg? I wont be getting finance so want a good deal. Dont mind travelling for the right one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts