Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

What's With The Torch?

10K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  Kaine 
#1 ·
Hi all. New to all this but picking up V6 TDi Altitiude on Tuesday in Diamond Black with parking sensors.

I know about the off-road day but what else should I make sure I get? What's with the torch I have read about? Anyone help between now and Monday night?

See less See more
#2 ·
Great choice of motor...

The Torch you should ger will be the opposite side to the wing mirror operation, looks very similar, stuck in teh cigarette lighter... 'Should' be one of these...

Ebay torch linky

You should also get a bottle of oil in a pouch for the boot, and make sure yoru air compressor is in the boot too....

The little toch is brilliant, small and very bright, can see why they don't make it onto the forecourt or second hand market...

Good luck and enjoy

#3 ·
Hipflyguy said:
Great choice of motor...

The Torch you should ger will be the opposite side to the wing mirror operation, looks very similar, stuck in teh cigarette lighter... 'Should' be one of these...

Ebay torch linky

You should also get a bottle of oil in a pouch for the boot, and make sure yoru air compressor is in the boot too....

The little toch is brilliant, small and very bright, can see why they don't make it onto the forecourt or second hand market...

Good luck and enjoy

#4 ·
Hipflyguy said:
Great choice of motor...

Ebay torch linky

Good luck and enjoy

#8 ·
richyrich said:
My dealer was adamant you don't get one. Yes I've seen it on the spec sheet but I couldn't be bothered starting to accuse someone of nicking it! Not sure what I would use it for anyway!
...............when you need to find something in the dark............

It should be there, its a nice (original) bit of kit, the dealer should supply.

End of story!

#10 ·
The standard thing is the plastic plug with 12V written on the top. Or are we saying that the dealers cunningly steal the torch and plop these locally sourced items in instead?

I bought the torch for ?15, and the bottle of oil at my last visit.

But I did get a VERY good price for the car - I prefer that to the dealer buying me presents.

#12 ·
I've asked this before - dealer tells me the 12v thing is standard, some people on this forum and the spec sheet for the car say you should get a torch. The general feeling is they get nicked, my impression is that there is an oversight somewhere in VW and the cars don't come with them anymore.

#13 ·
Bastards...!!

The cheats who can't manage to keep their options lists up to date, what esle could be missing from the car if this can be overlooked...

Those very nice people with very loving Mummy's and Daddy's (Presumably)​

Edited for you Princess Fiona x​

Or Mummy's and Mummy's, or Daddy's and Daddy's​

#14 ·
From http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new_cars/touareg/standard_spec

QUOTEAll Models

12 Year body protection warranty
4 Wheel EDL (Electronic Differential Locks) allowing 100% of torque to any one wheel
4XMOTION, permanent four wheel drive with 50/50 torque split front and rear under normal driving conditions
ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Brake-pressure Distribution) and HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assist)
Aerodynamic windscreen wipers
Alarm with interior protection
Automatic centre differential lock with manual override, that can transmit up to 100% of torque to either axle
Automatic door locking, speed-related, can be switched off
Body-coloured door mirrors with intergrated indicators
Child security locks in the rear doors
Chrome radiator grille surround
Crash sensor, automatic door unlocking in an accident
Cup holders, front x 2
Curtain airbag system
Door side impact protection
Double sun visors
Driver's and front passenger's airbags with passenger airbag deactivation switch
Driver's and front passenger's manual seat height adjustment
Electric headlight height adjustment
Electric windows, front and rear
Electrically heated, adjustable and folding door mirrors
Electronic engine immobiliser
ESP (Electronic stabilisation programme) including EDL (Electronic Differential Lock) and ASR (Anti-Slip Regulation)
First aid box and warning triangle
Four adjustable air vents in rear
Front and rear seat belt tensioners
Front centre armrest with twin storage bins and bottle holder
Front seat side impact airbags
Front three-point automatic seat belts with height adjustment
Galvanised body
Glovebox, cooled
Heat insulating tinted glass
Height and reach adjustable steering wheel
Hill descent assist
Hill start assist
Illuminated sun visor mirrors
Interior lighting: front and rear footwell lighting and front and rear reading lights
Isofix child seat preparation, outer rear
Luggage compartment cover
Off Road driving day, experience the off road capabilities of the Touareg
Opening rear windscreen
Power-assisted steering
Programmable remote central locking
Puddle lights in the front doors
Rear centre armrest with single storage bin
Split folding rear seats 60:40
Storage box and torch in centre console
Storage compartment, centre dash
Sunglasses holder in roof lining
Switch for high and low range gear ratio
Temporary steel space-saver with electric compressor
Textile carpet mats, front and rear
Third sun visor
Three 12V sockets
Three rear three-point automatic seatbelts, with height adjustment on outer seats
Three year / 60,000 miles warranty
Three year paintwork warranty
Volkswagen Assistance
Warning buzzer and light for front seat belts unfastened

#18 ·
Which bit refers to the torch then

Youve all lost me

Mines in the middle bit charging again, i use it most mornings in the park with the boys

:think: :think:

#21 ·
Torch is standard on ALL models, Altitude included:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new_cars/touareg/standard_spec

Don't take "no, sorry" for an answer. And if the dealer says they can't get hold of them, that's rubbish too, as they are a standard VAG torch that goes into Audis and VWs, and are easily ordered.

SJ

#25 ·
Kaine said:
I thought you bought it from me
Well my bit is, It's on the spec sheet one letter, one Torch simple as

He, who can't be bothered will not further the ladder, they, who will will get there hearts desire, if only a poxy torch

My money was on the phone call, got it sorted first time

And, tut tut Kaine, for aquiring it in the first place, and then selling onwards to yet another Touareg owner, who should have received this poor and delicate item free with the motor??

My torch is still intact in the charging socket in the car
even after Cov Rob and group let my wife loose with his ones :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: bad idea

well it's free & we want it so, go for it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.