Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2004 Touareg v8 gas. The heated seats stopped working when my wife had the car. I am trying to investigate the problem. This is what I know so far:
the 5 amp fuse is good.
I fixed 2 wires that I found severed under the driver seat(pic), but still no go.
Hood Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive design

I am still trying to locate the relay linked to the 5 amp fuse , but I am having difficulties there. Any ideas?
also what is this box? and am I missing anything in it? It's located under the driver seat(left side/USA).
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Mechanical Guru
2,919 Posts
It's obviously a control unit, likely to be for the seats but check it for a part number then Google for confirmation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you both for the input.
Now I know it is the memory module for the original seats of the vehicle. The memory seats work just fine. It's the seat heater that is inop on both front seats. The fuses on both sides are good(5amp on the left and 30amp on the right).
I also looked at the relay under the dash(D8) but I don't know how to check if it is good or not.
Can anyone enlighten me as to where I can find a wiring diagram of the heated seats?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looking at the US specific heated seat diagrams there is only a 30 amp fuse for each seat #45 drivers & 22 pax they go to pin 5 of a 6 pin connector on the seat heater module as a Yellow/Red 2.5mm wire and pin 4 of the same connector is the ground as a Brown/White 1.0mm wire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at the US specific heated seat diagrams there is only a 30 amp fuse for each seat #45 drivers & 22 pax they go to pin 5 of a 6 pin connector on the seat heater module as a Yellow/Red 2.5mm wire and pin 4 of the same connector is the ground as a Brown/White 1.0mm wire
Thank you nige.
Both 30 amp fuses are good.
I unplugged the seat heater module.
There is power going to pin 5, and there is ground going to pin 4.
I guess this means that the module is faulty. Right?

·
Registered
230 Posts
If the temp sensor in the seat is open circuit it would stop the module from applying power to the heater elements, on the seat there is a 4 pin connector disconnect that and measure across pins 3 & 4 that is the sensor in the seat and then check pin 3 Brown/White wire of the car side of the same connector that should go to ground/chassis & pin 4 Black/White wire should have around 12v when the relevant seat heat is switched ON the voltage will vary dependant on the heat level selected, the same supply also goes to pin 2 of the seat heat module and that supply is from the 5amp fuse

1 - 9 of 9 Posts