Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

Weird rattle noise over bumps at 20 mph or below - Brake Shield!

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Davey2021 
#1 ·
Hi

So my Treg is going into my local VW garage for some TLC, in part due to the poor prep by the VW dealership I bought it from... that story is for another day, once things have been sorted...

One of the issues they are going to look into is a rattling that i can hear when travelling at low speeds over bumps on tarmac. Based on previous experiences with 'other' cars; I think it kinda sound some bushes or sommert needs replacing.... I'm hoping it nothing more serious!!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Juat don't drop below 20 mph when going over bumps!!

#3 ·
Hi

So my Treg is going into my local VW garage for some TLC, in part due to the poor prep by the VW dealership I bought it from... that story is for another day, once things have been sorted...

One of the issues they are going to look into is a rattling that i can hear when travelling at low speeds over bumps on tarmac. Based on previous experiences with 'other' cars; I think it kinda sound some bushes or sommert needs replacing.... I'm hoping it nothing more serious!!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
What mileage has it done?

#4 ·
Hi

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Probably anti-roll bar bushes . . It was 9n my Touareg ;)

#8 ·
Good you found out . . . and came back and told us!

Reactions: Davey2021
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.