Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

Wayside St Albans

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ross911rmk 
#1 ·
Well just had a fone call from claire and here goes!!!!!

Leather split in the piping? sorry sir not covered under warranty
Tyre wear (i had tracking checked 2 weeks ago)? there is a problem with the tracking - we will check it 2morrow - amazing they can tell there is a problem without checking
Passenger side speaker vibration? we have replced drivers side speaker
MPG? sir the figures are only a guideline
OIL? no comment

well i questioned the leather naturally as i don't expect to pay nigh on 40K for the leather to go and for them to say wear and tear

oh and car isn't ready......

suprise

#2 ·
QUOTE(ross911rmk @ Nov 3 2005, 02:34 PM)Well just had a fone call from claire and here goes!!!!!

Leather split in the piping?? sorry sir not covered under warranty
Tyre wear (i had tracking checked 2 weeks ago)? there is a problem with the tracking - we will check it 2morrow - amazing they can tell there is a problem without checking
Passenger side speaker vibration? we have replced drivers side speaker
MPG? sir the figures are only a guideline
OIL? no comment

well i questioned the leather naturally as i don't expect to pay nigh on 40K for the leather to go and for them to say wear and tear

oh and car isn't ready......

I cant wait for part two, this will be where they tell you that you are so lucky that they took your money and what do you expect a faultless car. GOOD LUCK MATE YOUR GOING TO NEED IT !

suprise
[snapback]11733[/snapback]​

#3 ·
i don't want this to get ugly but it will.

all 4 tyres are illegal only on the outer edge, the rest of the tread has at least 5mm if not more on them.

bring it on

#4 ·
QUOTE(ross911rmk @ Nov 3 2005, 03:44 PM)i don't want this to get ugly but it will.

all 4 tyres are illegal only on the outer edge, the rest of the tread has at least 5mm if not more on them.

bring it on
[snapback]11736[/snapback]​

Why not park a big red bus accross their entrance for the day ???

That ought to get their attention

#5 ·
QUOTE(ross911rmk @ Nov 3 2005, 03:44 PM)

[snapback]11736[/snapback]​

I had same when I had my tyre problems (well - inside edge on drivers front and passenger rear, outside edge on passnger front and driver rear)

But there was nothing wrong with the car and I must of curbed it or had a strange driving style or blah blah blah............

I wish you the best of British and hope it is sorted but I won't hold my breath - Lux Cars will make sure of that...

#6 ·
That's a shame the treatment you have had from Wayside. I bought a Touareg from them, and found them excellent from the off .........guess what still happy 12 mths later !!!!!!

I would give a call the the Luxuary Car Sales Manager Mr LEE. He was excellent, and very customer focused.

Hope you get it sorted !!!!!

#7 ·
As i have said on many post' on this forum John down at wayside STA has always been a gr8 help to me and my partner, & i have reconmended a few people to go his way.

as i have also said in the past more offen or not it is not the dealer i get peeved with as they are just cannon fodder if they do any unauthorised work they pay for it coz VW won't

#8 ·
Well at least they're talking to you.
I took the car in tuesday morning and I hadn't heard anything more, so finally called today.
Service chap went looking for the Lux technican, came back on the phone to tell me he can't find him, when he does track him down he'll find out where my Treg is!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.