Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ex-Treg owner
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you affected?

I do get Niagara Falls but manage it by partially opening hatch to allow to drain before fully opening it.

Rob

·
93 Posts
yep same problem for me. open the door halfway kind of fixes it. For a ?40K car though its a crap design and is one of the piss poor features on the touareg, albeit offset by the other great things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ditto Rob, but gonna try the seal tucky under thing!

It did not work for me.
Next step, Danes are going to change the tailgate seal but will not guarantee the repair. Anyway, I'll let you know the outcome.

Oh, I'm also booked in Danes next Thursday re irregular tyre wear. I thought this problem was fixed for 56 models !!!!!!!

G

·
there is a bulletin which adresses this issue with the water a modified seal which should limit this concern it has smaal up turns at the corners to prevent this ingressReplace the rear screen seal.

Use only seals with the part number: 7L6 845 521 E.

hope this helps

·
Ex-Treg owner
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
touareg techy said:
there is a bulletin which adresses this issue with the water a modified seal which should limit this concern it has smaal up turns at the corners to prevent this ingressReplace the rear screen seal.

Use only seals with the part number: 7L6 845 521 E.

hope this helps
Always succinct, but ever helpful!
:worthy:

·
871 Posts
Tim (workshop manager) at Listers Stratford knows all about it too and has booked mine in for replacement seals.

This problem is the only real negative I have had with the car, and will please me hugely if they cure it !!

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Damn!

Bad timing.....Treg in workshop at the moment but no stock of seals....will mean a return visit....

·
886 Posts
Had our rear hatch seal changed to the new modified one under warranty with no problem.

No more wet heads or damp boot.

I just mentioned it to them when the treg was in for another job and they did it without hesitation.

And the stealer in question.......................yep you guessed it.........Dane Chester!!

Guess your not too impressed with them Wozza??

To be honest they have been reasonable with us ie New transfer box, All new tyres to replace the bald ones!!! and of late a nice Treg courtesy car when booked in for warranty work.

Can't comment on their service as they were more expensive than VW Llandudno who are non Treg dealers but much cheaper for the first service.

Regards

Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had this problem on my 07 V6 TDI. I think the water running in has affected the Elecronic tailgate closure device - since 4am today the alarm has been going off with the Boot open indicator showing. Off to the dealership tomorrow to hopefully get fixed. Anyone else experienced the tailgate closure issue?

... a few hours later I have checked the fuses (extracting them for the tailgate closure and alarm) and it appears that the tailgate closure is not causing the problem. So what I thought was water in through the tailgate is obviously not causing the problem

Any ideas are welcome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts