Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just noticed that the passenger foot well on my 06 Treg is soaking wet, having partly lifted the carpet I have found that that carpet/insulation is really wet.

I would be really grateful if any fellow Treg has had similar problems could shed some light on the possible cause before I speak to my local dealer.

Alan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Sounds like the aircon drain blocked and is over flowing into the passenger well, just a guess....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,001 Posts
pilgrim said:
Sounds like the aircon drain blocked and is over flowing into the passenger well, just a guess....
Good suggestion T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Perhaps not enough info when the question was asked I assume, good point with the sun roof, though. Should have thought of that.. ho hum!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pilgrim said:
Perhaps not enough info when the question was asked I assume, good point with the sun roof, though. Should have thought of that.. ho hum!!!
Not sure how much more info I could have provided when I asked the question, eg foot well carpet wet, water seems to be coming from underneath the carpet hence the wet insulation under the floor. If I new more info probably could have determined the cause of the problem myself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Alan it's not a problem we are all here to help sorry if my remark was insensitive. All sorts of issues come up and it's just the little things that give pointers to a solution and sometimes the most obvious.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,680 Posts
Do you have a sunroof in your motor.?? I had thought about that as a cause and would say if you have the sunroof then that is the first place I would get the dealer to check or do it yourself if your happy to take that kinda job on.

It is very difficult to find water leaks could be what Pilgrim suggest could be a poorly bonded window or door seal etc etc or even a missing rubber grommet from the floor pan.

Have you felt the bulk head and surrounding area to see in the water in running down to the carpet.

You haven't been doing any serious off road water wading have you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scottie said:
Do you have a sunroof in your motor.?? I had thought about that as a cause and would say if you have the sunroof then that is the first place I would get the dealer to check or do it yourself if your happy to take that kinda job on.

It is very difficult to find water leaks could be what Pilgrim suggest could be a poorly bonded window or door seal etc etc or even a missing rubber grommet from the floor pan.

Have you felt the bulk head and surrounding area to see in the water in running down to the carpet.

You haven't been doing any serious off road water wading have you.
Thanks every one for your thoughts on my water leak. Took Treg to the dealer this AM, and it appears that the aircon grommet on the bulk head (under the passenger glove box) was not sited properly thus causing water to leak in and then fill up over time and create a large pool of water between the floor pan and the carpet.

Thankfully it hasn't rained in my part of Northumberland for weeks so that the dealer is fairly sure that it's the aircan causing the problem. My Treg has only seen water once recently when it was washed and that was about a week before the water leak was discovered.

Dealer still checking to see if there could be any further causes.

Thanks again for every ones input - greatly appreciated

Alan

Ps my Treg doesn't have a sun roof
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top