Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, New member with new Touareg, well new to me, problem over boosting and eng management cutting off all power, restart and then ok untill the next time, Traced to wastegate with very little movement so freed it off a bit and seems ok for now. Is there a fix for this? Is it common? Car done 99,000m
Thanks

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I did a quick search on the subject and cannot find anything on the forum along the lines you mention. However, a friend of mine is a VW Transporter T4 guru - I'll ask him if he knows of anything in the 2.5 engine from his experience. I'll post up when he gets back to me.

Chris

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
There is a company that refurbishes turbos so you don't have to buy new ones. I'll see if I can find them. They were mentioned favourably in a fairly recent Land Rover magazine but I can't remember which one.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Thanks for getting back so quickly, Spoke to a friendly RAC man who told me its very common and they just free in off. He said its also a check point on a service to make sure its operating ok. Also while you'll there do you know how the aux webasto heater works as I've found one under my car but don't have any switches or controls?

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
I don't have a diesel. Have you looked in the handbook?

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Nooby's beaten me to it but ...

... my friend (the T4 guru I mentioned above) doesn't think that the waste gate isn't a particular problem for the 2.5 engine (although I understand that contradicts what the RAC man says) but he does agree with the RAC man about just freeing it off. If however you do need work etc. on your Turbo he recommends Owen Developments Ltd, who are easily found using Google, as they are the mut's nuts on VW turbos apparently.

On the Webasto Heater, what buttons do you have on your centre console directly below the climate control dials?

Chris

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Wurzel
Thanks for your info
My buttons are: Front screen, recirc, Auto recirc, rest and heated rear. After doing more reseach I believe the aux heater only works to assist the warm up of the engine and this has to be below a certain temp so as its fully automatic I wont know if it works until this winter. But I could be wrong !!!

G

·
rally5 said:
Hi Wurzel
Thanks for your info
My buttons are: Front screen, recirc, Auto recirc, rest and heated rear. After doing more reseach I believe the aux heater only works to assist the warm up of the engine and this has to be below a certain temp so as its fully automatic I wont know if it works until this winter. But I could be wrong !!!
Spot on

Bit chilly outside tonight so would probs kick-in if your car has been stood long enough (5 degrees and below I think
. You can tell if it is running because of the little exhaust underneath passenger side. You should also have a Webasto sticker on the inside of the petrol flap.

Use the site search and input Webasto and it will pull up a couple of interesting threads for you.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
ToyBoy said:
rally5 said:
Hi Wurzel
Thanks for your info
Spot on

Bit chilly outside tonight so would probs kick-in if your car has been stood long enough (5 degrees and below I think
. You can tell if it is running because of the little exhaust underneath passenger side. You should also have a Webasto sticker on the inside of the petrol flap.

Use the site search and input Webasto and it will pull up a couple of interesting threads for you.
Er, I hope that is actually a DIESEL filler flap!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts