Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just wanted to introduce our company and our products to you.

Logon to: www.warrantyuk.co.uk

We offer:
-Tyre Insurance,
-GAP insurance - Just bought or bought over 6 months ago.
-Alloy wheel insurance,
-Road side assistance, UK with Home ?48! , European + family packs (4 cars) ?85!.
Very cheap rates!
-Misfuelling insurance,
-Smart Dent/Scratch insurance,
-Warranty packages,

You can view all terms and conditions on our website or you can email me on: [email protected]
12 Months interest free payments, cover over differing terms, available as stand alone/bundled items.

Many thanks for your interest.

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
I've had a look at this and if I've got any of the following wrong, please correct me:

It's ?400 to insure a 3.0 and above Treg. More for a V10.

However . . .

It's maximum of ?2,500 per claim which won't cover an engine or gearbox replacement

You are only allowed ONE claim per term of the policy.

For repairs you can go to the supplying dealer or one of the insurer's choosing and that could well limit your options and access to the know-how required to work on some parts of the Treg.

There is a limit on the labour rate but no mention of what it is.

Wear and tear is excluded.

There's probably more, but on this basis this doesn't seem very good value.

As I said above, if I've got anything wrong, please correct me.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noobytoogy said:
It's maximum of ?2,500 per claim which won't cover an engine or gearbox replacement
You are only allowed ONE claim per term of the policy.
On vehicles 3.0cc or below, its purchase price of vehicle as the max claim limit.
Above that yes it is ?2.5k claim limit per claim, but you can have as many unrelated claims as you like.
Yes there are more comprehensive policies out there but the prices reflect that. We are offering a cheaper alternative, but one which will cover majority of incidental problems with mechanical/electrical breakdowns in your out of warranty car.

Labour rate is ?60.00 per hour standard, but whatever the issue is, the claim handler will negotiate with VW on your behalf to get the job to fall in line with their policy or will find a VW dealer that will do it within the job price required.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Yeah - you sort him out Nooby!

Blimey - ?2.5 k will barely cover the cost of investigating my recent claim, let alone the labour to remove and replace my engine!!

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Thanks for clarifying Kam

Sounds like a good deal for those wanting peace of mind without paying through the roof - especially us 2.5 owners

As for you gas guzzlers........makes a nice change not to be having to pay the same as you lot

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
I am mindful of the fact that Warranty UK are headline advertisers on this site and obviously people will make their own minds up about the value of this warranty after reading their terms and conditions carefully.

However, I would still draw Treggers attention to the ?2,500 limit on engines of 3,010 cc and over and also all Treggers, regardless of engine size, to clauses 6d, 6e, 7, 8 and 9 of the terms and conditions where, for example, claims may be subject to limitation and, or, betterment surcharges at the behest of the insurers amongst other restrictions.

No warranty is perfect for car owners, i.e. with no restrictions or conditions of any kind, otherwise the insurers probably wouldn't make any money or the premiums would be sky-high so they did!

But given that various people on here have managed to buy warranties at comparable prices elsewhere with, seemingly, a far greater level of cover including, for example, wear and tear and no betterment charges, then IMHO would-be warranty buyers should do their research carefully with several companies to ensure they are comfortable with the levels of cover they are purchasing.

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Sounds more like you're purposefully trying to pick holes to me............

·
3,680 Posts
I like your layout of the site very easy to use. I note that you do not have Mini listed this must mean the brand never has any problems.
I wish.

Anyway

The warranties which are tailored more towards the vast majority of motorist who buy a sensible size engine will get a good "level of cover" from using you guys.

However

In fairness:

the bigger the engine size with the restriction of one claim to 2.5k means I wouldn't consider using your company, I hope you find this a constructive comment. As it seems you do have it right for the smaller engines.

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
mjstubley said:
Sounds more like you're purposefully trying to pick holes to me............
Not at all. I just read the Ts & Cs.

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Rather you than me

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts

Yes. Daft really.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the messages. I appreciate all the constructive feedback.
Yes for cars 3.0cc or under the products are right with the claim limits in place.
However for above 3.0cc without making the premiums silly they won't pay anymore then ?2.5k per claim.
However most warranty claims will come under this, it's just the major engine/gearbox replacements that will need personal subsidy when claiming.

We don't just offer these warranty's though.
Road side assistance, UK & HOme: ?48 pa.
European: ?55 and Family home & UK: ?85.00

Tyre insurance up to 5 claims per policy period: ?160 for 2 years cover.
GAP insurance for your car even if purchased over 6 months ago.
We will even cover your insurance excess should you ever have to pay it out for an insurance claim!
Plenty on offer, and quite useful products.
We have sold a lot with the cars we finance/sell.
One guy bought a CLS 320 CDI through us in December, he drove over something, and got two rear punctures, one wasn't repairable one was.
We claimed through for the replacement tyre and he chose to pay the ?15.00 for the other repair (leaves 4 claims in tact for future incidents).
Claim limit is ?250 per tyre.

Thanks again guys.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Hold on chaps..........I haven't looked into the detail, but isn't the 3.0 TDi (probably the most popular Touareg with the 2.5) 2967cc.....so under 3000cc......???

So its the 3.2, V8 and V10 which are subject to the ?2500 claim limit....

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes only the 3.2 and above would be subject to the 2.5k claim limit.
All the rest of the models are subject to: "purchase price of vehicle" claim limit per claim.
So good for most,. but if you own a larger engined model, you are looking at only component changes/limited mechanical work cover really. Anything big goes, they won't cover it. But for the majority of cars the cover would be fine.

·
886 Posts
Kam you have a PM

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
In fairness to forum sponsors,I think it's a case of horses for courses.
Chris Knott was far the cheapest for me on insurance and (because of boogeywoogey's advice) I was able to negotiate an excellent price for top cover with Warranty Direct.
Now,Chris Knott has not been the best for some forum members,equally Warranty Direct may not be the best for some.
So the advice from this humble peasant is...shop around... but always give the forum sponsor a chance.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Nimrod said:
In fairness to forum sponsors,I think it's a case of horses for courses.
Chris Knott was far the cheapest for me on insurance and (because of boogeywoogey's advice) I was able to negotiate an excellent price for top cover with Warranty Direct.
Now,Chris Knott has not been the best for some forum members,equally Warranty Direct may not be the best for some.
So the advice from this humble peasant is...shop around... but always give the forum sponsor a chance.
You're absolutely right Nimrod - warrantyuk have been good enough to sponsor our forum and I have been impressed by the tone and promptness of Kam's replies.

As the owner of a V10 who has recently experienced catastrophic engine failure and has appreciated the life-saving parachute of a full value warranty, a ?2,500 claim limit just isn't appropriate - to paraphrase a recent popular song...........'that don't impress me much'

For component failure it might be just about right but let's not forget, most major component failures on a V10 seem to involve engine removal - even changing the starter motor or (quite bizarrely!) the lambda sensor!
This I have been told is a 13.5 hour task ( and presumably at least the same, if not more, time to replace the engine again) - that's ?2.5k gone already, just on labour!

All I'm saying is - don't buy a V10 unless you can afford a comprehensive warranty and don't buy a warranty unless it realistically covers your likely 'worst-case scenario' needs!

In my view, when you own a highly complex, high performance vehicle like a V10 - you need to be financially prepared to back-up the experience - if you have loads of dosh - no problem!
If you have normal amounts of dosh - buy a damn good warranty too!
If you cant afford a damn good warranty - you cant afford a V10!

You may be lucky and nothing goes wrong but I'm not that brave!

Don't get me wrong - I love my V10 and cant wait to have her back home but with such pleasure, there is sometimes pain!

Cheers,
John

1 - 20 of 23 Posts