Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just done a deal with Warranty Direct - £420 for everything up to 12k miles pa.

Anybody thinking of WD give me your details - you will get 13 months for the price of 12 and I will get £40...................apparently!!

Cheers, Andy

·
1,307 Posts
Andy, i have been looking into warranties as my VW one runs out later this year. what by deffinition is everything??

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Stu,

Check out my previous posts on WD price when I took out my policy on 24th March.

I suspect you would qualify for Luxury Care due to your Treg being much younger, etc..

Andy, that's a bloody good price..(depending of course on what levels of cover, etc..)

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
just for comparison i took 12mnths Extracare policy 23/3/2010 2005 R5 - 36000miles FSH - £395 payable , couldnt take lux or lux+ as car had to be 4yrs old max at start of policy
only difference i can tell is mechanical parts are listed on extracare & not on lux so assume greater coverage , rest of cover is same

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Stu, Extra care cover - offered for about £450 initially, but thanks to much advice from this forum I let a sales guy call me. Price became £420 due largely to limit of 12000 miles pa. (currently at 36000, like Wilko, who looks like he did even better!!). Then asked sales guy to include Optional Items (Emissions & Airbag Cover) for that premium and he agreed. Excess is £50, Franchised dealer labour rates, limit of cover = value of vehicle. Note that over 60000 miles, parts prices are reduced by 10% every 10000 miles more but labour is always paid in full (betterment is the excuse!)

WD policy summary available in pdf. on their website, which was where I started. No waiting period as this ran on from cover with Tesco last year, but they don't do it any more, apparently.

HTH - to get the benefits I have to mail your name, address and e-mail or maybe just call them.

Cheers, Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a hell of a deal Andy, thanks for posting, you maight even get your warranty paid for in rebates..!
Paul, You weren't supposed to notice - now you've revealed my cunning plan! Sorry you are going to Oulton Pk but i guess it's not a lot further than Millbrook starting from south coast.

Cheers, Andy

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
My Wd was £373.00 for lux care in Jan with all options covered.
Car serviced in Dec,2.5td,under 16k on clock at time.
Only 17.3k now.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Have just got luxury care cover plus emissions and airbags with WD for £420 too with £50xs. However, I have a 6 month warranty with Autocover (not sure how good they are - premium cover but only £1,000 limit per claim) so they've agreed to a 6 month start delay. If I don't claim in the first 6 months they will start the period again for another 12 months in 6 months time. If something goes wrong and it's less than £1,000 to fix then I'll claim through Autocover, otherwise I'll go to WD.
They've also agreed to me paying the premium by 10 monthly instalments, interest free.

I've used WD in the past and they paid up on a number of claims I had no problems.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Been quoted £440 for luxery cover, £50 excess on a 2007 3.0 V6 SE with 32K including ICE/SATNAV/Phone, airbag & emissions.

Seems OK & inline with others.

Anything else I should try & include folks ?

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
Does that includes VW main dealer labour rates and MOT failure?

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Yes Noob, upto £200 per hour & MOT & Emmissions failure cover.

Cant see if the cover you for incorrect fueling, might have to check my car insurance for that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts