Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home from work the glow plug symbol came on flashing and a message to bring to maintenance. Brought to my dealer and he has called saying it is a faulty Diesel Particulate Filter and they have to order in one to replace it.
I didn't get any warning to go through any cleaning cycle in advance of the fault appearing.

Anyone else come across this. Is it something that is caused by another fault that might occure again. I am out of warrantee in July so want to make sure any amjor faults that might come up are sorted soon.

I have a 2007 2.5 by the way.

Thanks

·
886 Posts
tyrrp said:
On the way home from work the glow plug symbol came on flashing and a message to bring to maintenance. Brought to my dealer and he has called saying it is a faulty Diesel Particulate Filter and they have to order in one to replace it.
I didn't get any warning to go through any cleaning cycle in advance of the fault appearing.

Anyone else come across this. Is it something that is caused by another fault that might occure again. I am out of warrantee in July so want to make sure any amjor faults that might come up are sorted soon.

I have a 2007 2.5 by the way.

Thanks
hi There,

Can't help with your problem but just wondering why you only have a 2 year warranty??

Cheers

Tom

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only a 2 year warrantee on VW's in Ireland unfortunatly. Don't know why but it seems a bit off to be honest. Don't know of any other manufacturer that only has 2 years.
There is no system for buying extended warranties either. There aren't even any private warrantee companies over here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts