Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I hope somone out there can give me a answer to a very frustrating problem I have with my vw 2006 3litre v6 toureg ....I had a problem with it firing up when the engine is warm so I took it to a mechanic I know and trust they replaced the diesel fuel filter ...a wk later engine is turning but again not firing up ...he replaced the coolant temp sensor ...2 wks later last night turning over but again not firing up ...it seems to be when I use it alot stop starting .....but then if I leave it a few hours it fire's up no problem ....theres nothing showing up on the diagnostic computer you plug into my toureg it comes up nothing wrong ...but obviously there is something very annoying simple that fails when engine is hot ....please is there someone out there who may know what it could be .....before I push it off a very high cliff ...馃.....

Mechanical Guru
Hi I hope somone out there can give me a answer to a very frustrating problem I have with my vw 2006 3litre v6 toureg ....I had a problem with it firing up when the engine is warm so I took it to a mechanic I know and trust they replaced the diesel fuel filter ...a wk later engine is turning but again not firing up ...he replaced the coolant temp sensor ...2 wks later last night turning over but again not firing up ...it seems to be when I use it alot stop starting .....but then if I leave it a few hours it fire's up no problem ....theres nothing showing up on the diagnostic computer you plug into my toureg it comes up nothing wrong ...but obviously there is something very annoying simple that fails when engine is hot ....please is there someone out there who may know what it could be .....before I push it off a very high cliff ...馃.....
If engine cranking speed is normal then I would try changing the crankshaft position sensor.

Registered
If you got a nice multimeter you could measure how many amps are being drawn whilst cold start and compare to hot start, gives an idea which direction to head when you see the missing amps!

If i had this problem i would disconnect random plugs 1 by 1 till it starts in limp mode or something

1 - 8 of 8 Posts