Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh dear chaos has reigned ever since they got taken over. Slight problem with the RCD 200 in the vw polo, it had a fault with the display which intermittently disappears. Anyhow took it in today at 1pm as booked for a new stereo, but only one poor girl at the service desk and a waiting room full of customers. Finally after 30 mins I managed to offload my keys to her. Got the car back just before 1445, and asked for the new radio code key, the girl looks up blankly and then checks the invoice and scribbles 4 digits on the receipt. I think you can guess what happens next. Fitted the ipod connector, which involved removing the RCD unit, and on plugging it in again. The electronic lock triggers and despite putting in the new code the unit remains locked. I am so angry :evil: :evil: Its a shame I'm working tomorrow, and my wife has to do my dirty work, but this is appalling service.
I am sure VW Crewe are going to get all our business in future.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Managed to get thro' to somebody sensible. Gave me a completely different radio code, and it worked
I don't know where the girl got the other code from.

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
staffs said:
Managed to get thro' to somebody sensible. Gave me a completely different radio code, and it worked
I don't know where the girl got the other code from.
It's an enigma..

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
You beat me! I was going to say she must have rung someone from Bletchley.

@Staffs - glad you got it sorted.

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
Her manager probably asked her Tu-ring.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Wa-wah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts