Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
A very kind Treg technician tells me that Volkswagen released a new recall campaign last Thursday, 3 June 2010.

There are believed to be 959 affected vehicles in the UK market.

On some 2008, 2009 and 2010 models with the V6 TDI engine the auxiliary coolant pump for the exhaust gas recirculation may not start because of unfavourable tolerances.

As a result, the engine warning light comes on.

Your VW dealer needs to check the chassis number on each vehicle as not all vehicles are affected.

If the vehicle has the recall listed against the chassis number then the dealer will carry out an engine control unit up-date.

I suggest you contact your VW dealer with your VIN number to hand and quote this recall number - 23F4 - so they can check if your vehicle is affected.

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
now that my friend is a good post , even though not relevant to me its what makes this place a joy to visit , a laugh one minute then proper info the next
hats off to you

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. [Makes up for the usual rubbish I spout!]

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
Cheers for the info Noobs - I emailed my dealer yesterday and they've just responded. My car is one of those affected and I've booked it in next Wed to get the work done. Good man

Cass

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
One down - 958 to go!

Cass - please let us know what they did and how long it took.

Cheers

NT

·
21 Posts
Had my 2007 V6 TDI in at approx 60,000 miles because engine warning light came on, the dealer replaced the manifold? Same problem occurred just before 80,000 miles, now waiting for a manifold which is supposedly different to the previous one replaced?

Dealer has advised part is out of stock
and my engine light remains on, first manifold covered under warranty and second under extended warranty which I purchased.

Given a story that VW UK are out of stock, me thinks the German's are scratching their heads again with this problem

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't have thought the "engine control unit" update suggested in the recall campaign would require a manifold replacement.

Has your dealer checked your car's VIN against the recall list? Indeed, is your dealer aware of the recall campaign? Some dealers have been known to be rather slow on their engagement - as in not reading and acting upon the technical service bulletins!

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Two down - 957 to go! I e-mailed my dealer yesterday and it is now booked in for next Wednesday. It is just a software update so they will do it whilst I wait.

Cas

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
Two down - 957 to go! I e-mailed my dealer yesterday and it is now booked in for next Wednesday. It is just a software update so they will do it whilst I wait.

Cas
That's what I was told too

Cass

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
Well what a waste of time that was

Took my Treg to the dealers at 8.30 this morning as arranged and after 90 mins I was told that they couldn't complete the software update as the car wouldn't accept the programme. Tried 5 times to do it but it defaulted the update every time.

I was asked if I had modified the car in any way or had it chipped - the answer is no on both counts, totally standard. Apparently they have sent off a report to VW Technical and the'll contact me in due course.

The upgrade is as in Nooby's original post - in some cars the engine system fault light will come on if the auxillary coolant pump for thr EGR doesn't click in on time.

Cas - have you had any luck with your recall today ?

Cass

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Yes- I had mine done by TL Darby in Burton on Trent this afternoon.
If should have taken 1 hour but the download kept failing- after some calls to VW Technical support it seems that the issue was with the dealers software. After another attempt and 2 hours in total it worked.

Cas

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
Cheers Cas - I'll be on to the dealer again tomorrow

Cass

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
Seems I have this recall to.

·
1,307 Posts
as far as i am aware my Treg is classed as a 2008 model even though it is a 57 plate????

would the dealer clarify this for me?

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
Stu, yes, I'm sure it's done on chassis build numbers.

My dealer responded quickly and has informed me that the software bundle sent by VW was incomplete and they now have the full software for the recall. My car is booked in for the job at a mutually convenient date, with a courtesy car

Cass

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
Tried to book my car in for this but they don't have the software yet. Should have it in next week.
I got them to check they had it first before arranging a date to do it.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In view of other posts about incomplete software, I'd check the dealer has the correct version first.

·
4 Posts
I know this discusion was started some time ago, however it seems relevant to me. I have a 2007 3.0 V^ TDI. The warning light came on some time ago and I was advised by a non franchised dealer that it related to the manifold system after putting it on the computer. I had the left side replaced at a cost of almost £700. As soon as I drove it away the light came back on - it was diagnosed that the right manifold also required replacing. I have had this completed today at a further cost of almost £700 and guess what - the warning light has come back on. Can anyone help me please. What can I do next?

Many thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts