Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 3.0 Altitude that will be due a new set of boots in 2K miles or so, but I have picked up a cut on one of the existing P-Zeros, which means the tyre needs replacing, and am taking the opportunity to change all four.

There's loads of positive stuff on here about the Hankook tyres (I've been looking at the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo), but for the same price I have seen the Vredestein Ultrac SUV Sessanta.

I can't find any reference to wear ratings on the Vredestein, but wondered if anyone has been running these, and can comment on the wear characteristics of this tyre, compared to the Hankook - and are they going to be better / last longer / quieter that my soft-as-blamonge P-Zeros?

Have searched, but the link on here about the vreds seems dead.

Many thanks

Rob

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
Robster

PZero Treadwear 300 Traction AA TempA
Vrede 280 AA A
Ventus evo 280 AA A
VentusRH06 420 A A

Your vredestein and ventus evo will last about as long as your PZeros
If you're going for longevity you have to go for Hankook ventus RH06(Or something with the same rating) or another good option is general grabber UHP.

G

·
Hi Rob,

Just done a bit of digging for you and it looks like the Sessanta has a wear rating of 280. Comments I have seen are that they are super-sticky and great thru corners (makes sense when you look at the wear rating :wink:). Bear in mind that most of these comments have been found on US websites where it sounds like most of them are after a tyre for street racing and not longevity. Have to say it is one sexy looking tread-pattern

Not sure about the Hankook S1 Evo as I (and most others I think) are running RH06's which have a wear rating of 420.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmmm.....

I had a look at the RH06, but they don't seem to be available in the size I need (275/45/19). Any ideas of similar tyres in terms on wear rating, aside from the Generals?

The other alternative is to change tyre size to eitgher 285/45/19 (not on the recomended by vw list) or to the alternative 255/50/19. If I changed to either, what are the consequences, and how will the rubber look on my wheels?

Cheers

Rob

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
robster said:
how will the rubber look on my wheels?

Rob
Black . . . and kinda rubbery!

G

·
robster said:
The other alternative is to change tyre size to eitgher 285/45/19 (not on the recomended by vw list) or to the alternative 255/50/19. If I changed to either, what are the consequences, and how will the rubber look on my wheels?
The 285's would give a little more protection from kerbing.

@ nooby

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts