Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon

Is there a list of changes you can make on a 2019 Touareg T5, VIN WVGZZZCRZKD008855 using VCDS ?
In particular can you change the stop / start from normally on to normally off ?
And the same for lane assist ?

Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am more familiar with the Italian cars programming, you can't force off the stop/start system as it is part of the emission control system
It can only be turned off with the dash button and will re-energize at next start-up

I would imagine that lane assist is part of the safety features and probably for that reason, cannot be forced off

·
Registered
215 Posts
You can turn stop start off permanently on a t4, or change it to remember your last setting when turning the ignition on again, so suspect it’s there somewhere on the t5 but I don’t know that for definite.

·
Chairman
19,925 Posts
On the Generation 2 cars you could use VCDS to reverse the switch priority to OFF and also change the light setting to OFF when the daft fart/stop is OFF.

There is a how-to at the top of page 3 in Modifications & How-to Guides which was posted 5 years ago.

How to disable Start/Stop

Whether it will work on the Generation 3 cars will be a matter for experimentation!

On a general note about VCDS, Ross-Tech haven't seen a T5 so I'm not sure how up to date VCDS will be on Gen 3 cars. Best to ask Gendan, their UK distributor, if VCDS is keeping up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good afternoon

Is there a list of changes you can make on a 2019 Touareg T5, VIN WVGZZZCRZKD008855 using VCDS ?
In particular can you change the stop / start from normally on to normally off ?
And the same for lane assist ?

Thanks
Thanks for your replies chaps

Looks like its work in progress, for a while

1 - 5 of 5 Posts