Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have done it at last. Fitted the valley alloys (courtesy of Lee) to replace the old corroded dakars, and at the same time had general grabbers uhp fitted (?109 each all inclusive).

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
Looking good staffs.
My immediate thought was "I like those" then realised they're the same as mine,standard on the SE.
I can never really understand the wheel thing,why people get rid of perfectly nice wheels for something else,unless you've done what staffs has done.
It's probably just silly old me.
Let us know what you think of the Grabbers when you've run them for a while.
Nooby runs them and is as happy as Larry.
I'll be up for them in 2-3 k miles

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the 2.5 tdi treg came out in Oct 2003. They were fitted with 17" Canyons as standard, which looked positively weedy. I elected to have some 18" Dakar alloys fitted by the vw dealership. At that time there were no other 18" alloys which would fit the 2.5 tdi. Of course things have changed in the intervening 5 years. The SE, Sport and Altitude models simply did not exist in 2003. The Dakars have served me well, and now need some TLC. The Valleys were an extremely good buy from Lee. It was just a good opportunity to get some slightly more offroad tyres fitted at the same time for the journey up to Scotland next week.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Still pleased with the Grabber UHPs!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts