Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Junior Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet to clean my not-so-shiny new Treg. Can anyone recommend a good valeting company in or near London as I don't have a drive or even a tap that I can use for a hand wash as I live in a flat? I've found some on the web but was hoping for a recommendation.

Many thanks
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
what part of london
 

·
Junior Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
West London, but can drive across town if necessary. I'm desperate not to let a cowboy outfit clean it and end up scratching it etc by using the worngs cloths/products.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Good call Matt,

Parc Ferme


Zymol


Detail mine a lot myself but also use a local (Midlands) Zymol valeter - c?300 for first treatment (it's important with Zymol to comprehensively remove any existing wax and cleanse the paint) then ?60 a month for re-waxing (interior valet is extra).

As you say, not cheap but what price a new paint job?
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
717 Posts
Response Moved To Its Own Thread.

Ta

BT
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
717 Posts
Well it did have its own thread. :help:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,680 Posts


It was such a shame your thread got closed. Thought it was excellent.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
i have learnt to see the warning signs on this forum.....

such a diverse bunch but doesn't take match to turn a match in to a forest fire
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Hi all,

For what it's worth, I didn't want to get involved in a slanging match.... but some of the comments posted on that particular thread were IMO beyond the pale.

Anyway, said my piece - now water under the bridge - nuff said.

Let's get back to talking 'bout cars - much better
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
here here
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
717 Posts
Nothing to do with the fact that you sell car valeting products, eh Ross


I stand by my views I made in my original thread. Nice that you let Mark have his response but locked it straight away.

I was trying to stimulate a debate and engage people with a little humour if you had bothered your arse to read the whole thing.......BTW Mark, its not an enthusiasts site.......its an owners site.

I obviously touched a nerve and caused someone to think about their actions......GOOD.

I would invite Mark to point out the parts of my thread that were 'beyond the pale'....

Even Fi got it!

BT
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
148 Posts
Yawn................. so very dull.

Moving on.......... please


SJ
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,680 Posts
Bolton Treggie said:
Nothing to do with the fact that you sell car valeting products, eh Ross


I stand by my views I made in my original thread. Nice that you let Mark have his response but locked it straight away.

I was trying to stimulate a debate and engage people with a little humour if you had bothered your arse to read the whole thing.......BTW Mark, its not an enthusiasts site.......its an owners site.

I obviously touched a nerve and caused someone to think about their actions......GOOD.

I would invite Mark to point out the parts of my thread that were 'beyond the pale'....

Even Fi got it!

BT
 

·
Member
Joined
·
33 Posts
Scottie said:
So what ever some of you lot might think, can anybody recommend a good detailer to use, I'm based in the South Midlands area so was originally following the thread !!! to find a recommended one !

I'm a big boy I will judge if the prices are expensive. After all if you have just invested! ? 43k in a really good Treg, it would be nice to keep it up to standard. I love detailing it myself its therapeutic, but sometimes due to demands of Children, Wife, and Business do not have the time.

So if I can get you back to the original question

MNT
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
here is a quote from the home page

"This site is dedicated to UK-based owners, ADMIRERS and potential purchasers of the Volkswagen Touareg - launched in 2003 as VW's competitor for the highly lucrative luxury SUV market."

just for you BT i have made the word ADMIRERS stand out....

BT you wasn't stimulating a debate, you was trying to provoke a reaction because you was bored senslous in an airport departure lounge.

AND

so what if i sell the products, another member was asking for advice and like most on this forum i was prepared to give it.

the end
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
mrnewtouareg said:
So what ever some of you lot might think, can anybody recommend a good detailer to use, I'm based in the South Midlands area so was originally following the thread !!! to find a recommended one !

I'm a big boy I will judge if the prices are expensive. After all if you have just invested! ? 43k in a really good Treg, it would be nice to keep it up to standard. I love detailing it myself its therapeutic, but sometimes due to demands of Children, Wife, and Business do not have the time.

So if I can get you back to the original question

MNT
Hi MNT,

Have sent you PM with contact details for someone local to you.

Mark
 

·
Member
Joined
·
33 Posts
Mark II said:
Hi MNT,

Have sent you PM with contact details for someone local to you.

Mark
Many thanks I will give him a call.

MNT
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top