Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have USB vag-com and need to know where it plugs in.
Also , is there any really useful checks or resets that you can do with it?

Ta.

Paul.

·
203 Posts
it connects under the parking brake release (above the accel pedal ) into a purple 16 pin connector. as for usefull checks .depends how much you know about cars otherwise it can lead you down a long wrong road if you have any faults (dtc's are only a guideline as to what sensors are seeing which is NOT always what is failing) as for resets and things, the treg has alot of user adaptions on the mfd so not the same as other vag cars.
We get alot of customers come to us with vagcom who think they know what they're doing or talking about .and have a fun proving them wrong.
it is a great bit of kit but it is not the only bit of kit you need to fix them.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot.

Usually a fault will clear and not return.
Not tried it on the treg yet but been useful on the S4

·
1,307 Posts
one bit of advice i would give is before you change any codings, write down the original number so that if your change doesnt work you can put it back to how it was.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

Are there any common changes that are useful to know???

·
1,307 Posts
it all depends what you are doing. i am no expert, so i would advise looking around the forums and ross tech web site for info. if you speak to geraout, he will tell you how to change your indicators from 3 to 5 flashes. there is a way of changing the colour of the rns 510 display also.

the thing with VCDS is to have a play with it and look round the different sections and read what it can do.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
To change the number of indicator flashes when you flick the turn signal stalk, go to Address 09, Central Electronics. Select function 10, Adaptation. In the Adaption window, go to Channel 02. Note the stored value (original is 3). Set the new value to the number of flashes you want, and then test the output. If the test gives you the desired output, key SAVE, then DONE.

·
1,307 Posts
thanks for that, i knew you would be there somewhere...

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes thanks for that.

Is there a directory for these codes??

·
72 Posts
I just got rid of the annoying seatbelt warning when you turn the ignition on.

Go into section 17, then recode.. change the number in the software coding box.. mine was 0007231, so you subtract 2 from the 7 and get 0005231.. worked a treat

·
1,307 Posts
i know that this has probably been mentioned before, but would it be possable to have a VCDS section for this type of thing???

i think it is quite useful information!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts