Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Completely out of the blue my Touareg suddenly started misfiring and the yellow exhaust emissions fault (engine shaped light) lit up yellow on the dashboard. Switched the engine off immediately, waited a few minutes than started the engine again. Drove off gently and within two minutes the misfire and warning light returned. Luckily I was near my local main agent so nursed the car there (as in no more than about 1000rpm, thank god for V8 torque!).

Usual job, advised it would cost ?70 all-in for the first hours diagnostic and they'd give me a call afterwards to give me an update / see if I want them to keep searching.

So politely surprised when the call came in to advise that they'd diagnosed the problem as a faulty ignition coil on cylinder 2, they had one in stock, the part (ignition coil pack) cost ?22.95 (incl.VAT) and they could fit it within the initial hours diagnostic time. So the total cost, all-in, was the princely sum of ?92.95.

·
400 Posts
had ours go fairly recently, serious juddering under acceleration and cel light flashing. vag.com confirmed misfire on cyl 6, swapped coil 1 with 6 and guess what, misfire on cyl 1. My dealer had one in too at the same price N8ENS quoted, problem solved.

The new one i put in was a different design to the old with noticeabley better metals

1 - 2 of 2 Posts