Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First post and lovin the car nearly as much as this site. Great info on all my issues with the car. The car is nearly rattle free now but needs new pads on front. VW want ?220 to supply and fit the front pads which is ridiculous i think?

Issue is there are several types of pad that come up when i search for parts. Can anyone help please? :oops: Model is 2007 Altitude 3.0 V6 TDI

Cheers!

G

·
all depends on a combination of your VIN number and more often then not on the Touareg the 'PR' number, which is usually found on the white sticker on the right hand side of the boot floor.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Kevtreg said:
Hi All,

First post and lovin the car nearly as much as this site. Great info on all my issues with the car. The car is nearly rattle free now but needs new pads on front. VW want ?220 to supply and fit the front pads which is ridiculous i think?

Issue is there are several types of pad that come up when i search for parts. Can anyone help please? :oops: Model is 2007 Altitude 3.0 V6 TDI

Cheers!
Given that your car is still under VW warranty, personally I'd try and stay with a main dealer for this work using genuine VW parts.

If you don't want to do the work yourself, I'd suggest you get a quote from a local independent garage or someone like Kwik Fit which I would expect to be about ?40-60 or so cheaper and then go back to your VW service department and ask if they'll price match.

VW Windrush at Maidenhead and Slough will as, I think, will Martins of Basignstoke for example.

Even if you can't get a price match, saving a few quid at this stage when there may be still a need for VW goodwill might not be a good idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys,

Didnt want to strip the pad out just to see which one (of two) they were. I use the VW garage for everything else so far and they told me the parts are ?150 cost. I have since found out that whichever pads they are they come in at around ?70 max. :mrgreen:

Will look up the vin number etc first. Thereafter is there a reference guide i can look up to check the information??

All the best.

·
27 Posts
Hi,
Try brakes international in rochdale. www.brakesint.co.uk
Bought pads for my 2007 v6tdi, they told me which ones i needed ( to fit brembo calipers ). I picked them up but they also mail them to you.
Cant remember what they cost, but think it was around ?70..
Fitted them myself, very easy, took about an hour...
If you search the site, i and others posted about buying and fitting them... seem to remember someone posting a helpful guide to fitting them...

Stan......

·
83 Posts
Bought mine from Eurocar spares ?54 inc VAT, you will also need no sensors at approx ?30, however there are numerous brake types per model, you need to look at the VIN sticker in the owners service book, the codes will tell the supplier which brakes you have.

Does not surprise me that the stealers want 4 x the price fitted :shock:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks All,

Will contact the suppliers with vin number and probably get a local garage to fit (am no greasemonkey). Great feedback and much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts