Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, does anyone have a copy of V5 western europe maps yet?? just wondering to see what differences there are over v3/4

·
60 Posts
I've got it....can't see any difference at all. The new road in Exeter that was opened 18 months ago still isn't on it!

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
I doubt very much whether you would be able to tell what updates there are in individual maps from one version to another. Suffice to say that they will always be out of date when you buy them. VW have just started supplying V4 maps with their cars, so version 5 will be months/years away via them. I recently went down south with my version 3 maps and may Nav System was still showing roundabouts on the A1 :shock:

AFAIK, the maps for the VW system will not be updated regularly. My Tom Tom updates it's maps 4 times a year and I've recently subscribed to these updates. Even with mapshare updates, these take months to be introduced by Tom Tom as they have to confirm any changes themselves before releasing updated maps. With the VW system you obviously need to buy new discs and these updates are not as frequent. Unless there is a major road change near you, or you drive around the country regularly, you may never know

Cass

·
60 Posts
V5 is the current disk being supplied by VW - my mate has just taken delivery of a new Golf GTi - V5 was the disk supplied.

How did I get hold of my V5 disk?

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
All I want to know is, Rob, does it have full 7-digit post code entry yet?!

Chris

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you always want what you can't have Chris!!...

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
WAH!!

·
60 Posts
Sadly....no full post code entry. :evil:

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
I've obviously been shafted then - got my car from a not so local dealer in May and was given a version 3 disc - queried this with them as a new Mk VI GTI was being PDI'd and sold with a version 4 disc. Now looking as if I'll have to beg my local servicing dealer for an upgrade

Still a bummer on the lack of full post code search though

Cass

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cass, if you want a copy of V5 maps i have one, could lend it you if you want or make a copy if you really nice to me!!..

As said though can't really seem to see any immediate differences though, but that's life.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I think my new one (I have had it 3 months now) has V4 (I wil check tomorrow)- but to be honest the version in my old 2005-55 Treg was better- roads and Point of Interest that were on the disk in my old car dont exist on the new one- crazy...

Cas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts