Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another little niggling problem has reared its head. The screenwasher bottle has developed a leak over a few days. Looking under the bonnet it looks like I will have to take out the offside wheel arch liner to access it. Anyone have any tips, or suffered a similar malady? I guess it could be as simple as a split hose. My instinct is that as the car came from Scotland fairly recently the previous owner filed it with plain water, let it freeze overnight and that has split the bottle ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure how to take that Penpromo.

Are you suggesting that it is colder in Scotland, which is sometimes true, or that we are stupid, and despite living in a colder climate, don't know to add screen wash at the correct level to prevent freezing of the water? :twisted:

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Enduro, I wouldn't dream of suggesting anything such to those who live North of the Border, it just occured to me that they may have let the screen wash freeze to burst the tank ? It takes about two days to empty so its only a small leak but a real pain as it sets off the warning frequently.
So I guess no one has any words of wisdom ?

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
It might be worth a Private Message to TregTec.

Cas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts