Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 54 plate V10 with 80k on the clock, of late I have noticed is has start to play up intermitantly, then it reverts back to it go faster mode.

Just wondering if there is any way of reseting something, before i waste my time going the stealers.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Hi Stig,

I think I understand what you are asking?!

I think the first thing I would do is try resetting the gearbox:

Turn the ignition on but don't start the engine.

Whilst holding the ignition on, press accelerator right to the floor and keep it there for about 30 seconds. Then take your foot off the accelerator

Turn ignition off.

That should re-set your gearbox to learn your driving style again and might be of some help!

Cheers,
John

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Just for clarity - don't "hold" the ignition on. Just turn the key so the lights come on but the car does not start and then let go! The rest is as posted.

G

·
if this relates to 'flat spots' whilst accelerating, then most probable cause would be the Air Mass Meter(s). Be aware though that faulty Air Mass Meters, will not usually show a fault code on VAG-COM and other Diagnostic Equpiment, what you will have to get done is 'live' output tests. Or take a punt and replace them

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Guy's but this is very intermitant, so it may not be the rset and more the censors.

I willl get it checked out in the week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts