Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, you may have copped the fact that I've been in a courtesy Jetta a couple of times. (Funny how I only see other Tregs when I'm not in mine ... hmmmn go figure).

Well, that's because Loders Yeovil (said [email protected] of title) have had my Treg for a total of two and a half weeks (in two goes) to sort a little list of niggles:

- Stereo freezing and crashing
- Radio turning itself on all by itself
- Passenger mirror not folding in consistently
- Bluetooth kit playing up
- Alarm going off inexplicably
- Blocked windscreen washer
- Squeeky offside front suspension
- Nasty little engine clatter under acceleration

(I do love this car ... can't think why?!)

And do you know, they've not done anything, bar one thing, that does not involve the following response: "Yes, we've rectified that, sir, we've replaced the part." So, now apparently when I get down there in the morning and pick it up I will have a new stereo unit; a new passenger door mirror; a new bluetooth kit; new alarm sensors; new windscreen washers; new offside front lower wishbone ... and breathe. What I can practically guarantee though is that they will not have checked that any of the faults have actually been rectified ... oh no, they'll wait for me to do that.

And the engine clatter? "We can't replicate the fault condition, sir." Can't replicate the fault? Can't drive the car, accelerate and listen?! Take two of you then!! No - they cannot replicate the fault condition. So I have to drive my Jetta down there, go out and "replicate the fault condition" for them and then decide whether I want to leave my car there or take it away and "pop it in another time."

Grrr!!

·
Elite Member
1,284 Posts
Could be worse - they could supply you with a Lupo

Regarding the rattle, I had a slight rattle which was coming from my offside underneath.
Turned out that some of the engine cowling had come loose (lost bolt) and was vibrating.

Maybe with your recent off road experience, something similar has happened?

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, thank goodness. I checked the underbody thoroughly after the trip.

Also, this noise has been there ever since I've had it. It sounds like my old Astra SRi pinking (although not quite as bad as that - that was like a had a bag of knitting needles under the airbox). Between 2 and 3k revs it just makes this brief "tappetty" kind of noise. I'm sure it's something to do with the fuelling because when I reset the gearbox (and therefore change the ECU settings, I guess) it changes or stops completely for a while.

·
Elite Member
1,284 Posts
Wurzel said:
No, thank goodness. I checked the underbody thoroughly after the trip.

Also, this noise has been there ever since I've had it. It sounds like my old Astra SRi pinking (although not quite as bad as that - that was like a had a bag of knitting needles under the airbox). Between 2 and 3k revs it just makes this brief "tappetty" kind of noise. I'm sure it's something to do with the fuelling because when I reset the gearbox (and therefore change the ECU settings, I guess) it changes or stops completely for a while.
My 2.5 sounds like that most of the time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts