Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right i have been reading bout all the tyre experiences etc but just need a quick clear answer. All for of my pirrelli 275/45/19 have 7mm on them. looks like good even wear.

However i have got a nail in the rear near side that is unrepairable. Should i replace both rears with Pirrelli's again? or do i need to change all 4? in which case i would go with Grabbers UHP. Or do i replace the back two with Grabbers?

Answers on a post card please!!

G

·
Bad luck! If the nail is not closer than 1 cm to the edge of the tread it should be repairable with a plug.

At 7mm tread you need only replace one tyre, which will be 8mm, so within 3mm of other tyres. Go with a Pirelli to match the others

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i bought the car with 29500 on the clock. Now has 32500 so not bad really. Except the Pirellis are so expensive!!!

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
andynpz said:
OK - should have said 1 inch, probably.
Sorry Andy, but that would equate to 2.54 cm, that could make the previous poster inaccurate in thier correction of your woefully inadequate post... tut-tut

Please try harder in future.

Tyre repair info for anyone unsure of what's reparable or not:
http://www.etyres.co.uk/glossary-tyre-t ... re-repairs

Snaga, sorry you've gotta buy Pirellis for the Treg, after 6k miles mine were shot. Will never go back to them unless they're scorpions for offroad...

G

·
Paul, Since we're being so picky here... according to my copy of Hoyt's Engineers' Pocket Companion (yes, honestly).

1 inch = 25.3999779 millimetres

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well guys, thats all great getting exact measurements, but its much less then 25.3999779 millimetres. So replace it i will. After reading so much about the tires etc and just so worried bout replacing one!!!

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
?208 for a P-zero from Event tyres if they'll come out to you - next cheapest I've seen was 240 unfitted.

And thanks for putting me straight Andy, me and my decimilasation round up, could have my new banisters all to cock if I carry on with such flagrant disregard to accuracy.

·
Elite Member
1,284 Posts
Hipflyguy][b]?208[/b said:
for a P-zero from Event tyres if they'll come out to you ....
In keeping with the rest of the thread ?208.34 :wink:

Still an expensive puncture

·
Chairman
20,048 Posts
Still costs a helluva lot less than a dodgy repair with a blow out at 80 on the motorway!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts