Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is but this is for the standard wheels and tyres not 20inch rims and the different tyres does this make a difference?

·
Mechanical Guru
2,874 Posts

·
2 Posts
The advice-pressures on the stikker somewhere on the car is made with use of a formula.
I once got hold of the one the European car- and tire manufacturers use.
Worked it out and learned myself Excell to make spreadsheets for it.
Translated a few to English ( from Dutch) to make spreadsheets for it.

http://cid-a526e0eee092e6dc.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Recalculating tyre-pressure
this one is especially to re-calculate the advice-pressures when non standard tires are used , as is the case here.
In this map the spreadsheet and examples.
Find the data asked on the first opening sheet and re-calculate.
If you dont have the advices for normal use, wich in America is never given and in Europe mostly not given nowadays , the first part can not be used but it gives advices still for heavy use, when you fill in the Gross axle weight ratings front and behind.

From this link you can navigate my complete public map of hotmail to find more spreadsheets and articles about tire-pressure ( English Tyre)
Let me read if you used it and what the outcome was please
succes
Peter.

PS. Your tyres 106 means Load-index 106 wich you can select in the spreadsheet and w means speedcode letter ( up to 270 km/h) wich can also be selected in the spreadsheet . These are most likely normal car tyres with reference pressure to use in the formula of 2.50 bar or 36 psi.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Golly - an impressive first post!

I admit was a bit doubtful about opening the link from an otherwise unknown source but no virus alarms have gone off and the data looks sound!

·
2 Posts
You can navigate my complete public map on my sky drive from hotmail from the link gaven in my former post, to find more spreadsheets and articles about tire-pressure. Then you will come by some Dutch because I live in Holland, but also English and German. For instance this article in English about a new sugestion for a formula , and the comparison with the power formula that is used in Europe and America.
http://cid-a526e0eee092e6dc.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/tirepressureatreducedloads.pdf
American TRA used up to 2005 for P-tires a power of 0.5 and for flatter tires then 60% 0.65 LT 0.7 . European ETRTO always have used a power of 0.8 for al tires from small to big Truck tires.
The end conclusion of the article about the new formula ( if that is a good one) is that if you want to stay using the power-formula , for car tires 0.82 , for LT tires 0.9 and for truck tires 0.95.
You can read the power-formula in the next spreadsheet and compare the outcome of the diferent powers on the load it can carry.
That will keep you busy for a while, but makes you even more wiser about tire-pressure.
http://cid-a526e0eee092e6dc.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/calculateload1.xls

1 - 7 of 7 Posts