Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question for the experts on this forum.
I recently (after 4 months of ownership!) discovered two little round buttons on the back of the steering wheel - one on either side. One behind the Cruise SET button and one behind the VOL- button.

Scanned various sections of the manual but did not spot any explanation of the buttons...

I did some googling and found a reference to seat memory etc but this does sound like the same thing.

any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Its been mentioned a few times so should appear on a search of this site. The one turns the illumination of the steering wheel buttons on and off. The other switches on and off the heating of the steering wheel (if fitted).

·
656 Posts
left button is the illumination of the steering wheel, the right would be for the heated steering wheel (rare on these shores).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its been mentioned a few times so should appear on a search of this site. The one turns the illumination of the steering wheel buttons on and off. The other switches on and off the heating of the steering wheel (if fitted).

tnx, i have been looking for a way how to turn steering wheel heating on, i assume my treg has it (rear heated seats and ski bag in rear arm rest)

·
Mechanical Guru
2,874 Posts
Don't think it was an option in the UK. Check for PR code 2ZW on the data sticker.

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Don't think it was an option in the UK. Check for PR code 2ZW on the data sticker.
Correct Chaser - this was not a standard feature for the UK market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts