Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some searching but still not sure of what i need to do!! Can anyone let me know what items i will need to get the digital radio and TV facilities working in my treg?

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
By "digital radio", do you mean DAB? Can it do that? I really miss TMS without my long wave ...

Chris

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i went into the menu to look for TV option, there was a Tv and DAB button both greyed out, so i presume that the digital TV tuner would receive digital radio stations too???

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i were to buy something like this, would it just plug into the back of the RNS 510 and then bobs your uncle we have tv????

·
749 Posts
stu said:
if i were to buy something like this, would it just plug into the back of the RNS 510 and then bobs your uncle we have tv????
Sorry i dont have a rn510, but i am sure one of the forum members will advise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys

With terrestial tv now being switched off anyone bought one of the digital tuners and installed?
Does the VW control run the unit? IE Change channels from steering wheel control etc?

Advice would be appreciated

Regards

Pete

·
749 Posts
peatough said:
Guys

With terrestial tv now being switched off anyone bought one of the digital tuners and installed?
Does the VW control run the unit? IE Change channels from steering wheel control etc?

Advice would be appreciated

Regards

Pete
The VW unit allows you to change channels via the thumb wheel on the steering wheel. I am not sure if VW have an updated unit, its something i have to look into at some point to upgrade my own tuner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts