Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm making the assumption that the Treg should have a manly, gruff dual tone horn - and that mine is faulty as it seems to have the "scare factor" of a Ford Ka.

Does anyone know of any quick fixes for this (comon probem?) - or am I going to have to trapse all the way to the dealer to get my mojo back???
)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
using the horn in the Touareg is quite embarrassing - its more of a squeak really - I find opening the window and shouting loudly is more manly

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Like Kaine says - shout

Far less embarrassing

Honest - you'd expect a car like this to have a horn like the Mercs that Idi Amin, countless despotic embassy's and Nicolai Ceaucsescu used to drive :roll:

Come on VW - Gives us some balls to go with the big footprint :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
There are two horns, one Bass and one Treble. If the Bass one goes faulty the horn does sound weedy. This happened to my R5 recently and have just had both horns replaced under warranty. Very loud now.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
geraout said:
There are two horns, one Bass and one Treble. If the Bass one goes faulty the horn does sound weedy. This happened to my R5 recently and have just had both horns replaced under warranty. Very loud now.
really? I didn't know that - I will have to have a look tonight

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Kaine][quote name= said:
There are two horns' date=' one Bass and one Treble. If the Bass one goes faulty the horn does sound weedy. This happened to my R5 recently and have just had both horns replaced under warranty. Very loud now.[/quote']

really? I didn't know that - I will have to have a look tonight
...sounds right....I've always thought the Treg was quite good in the horny department.......

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
There is one each side of the radiator. You can just see them by looking through the grille.

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies so far guys. If a "technical tap" with a hammer doesnt fix em - I'll take it to the dealer to re-align my horn's sexuality!
)

·
Registered
229 Posts
My Bass horn has given up in the last few weeks also.

Treg going in for a 10K service shortly, it will get sorted then :|

Jim

·
Chairman
20,090 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts