Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
https://www.lllparts.co.uk/en/product/seat-7p6121203c-radiator-fan-with-fan-ring/mpn/7p6121203c this is for a 2013 7P5 model, If it wasn't specced with a factory towbar it will not have the 850w fan and even some that were specced slipped through with the 600w and for a time VW did offer a FOC replacement, there is a sticker on the end of the fan motor that you can see by sticking a camera phone down and grabbing a photo, Not sure what the info is for the earlier (Pre 2010) or the latest versions
Thanks for that.

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
New 850w fan in 2019 was £850 and should take a garage no more than an hour to fit. Mine took 30 minutes and price is what I paid for an OEM fan. Beware of those you could get off flea bay as most are not 850w.
Thankyou - I will allow another 1k on the price then if i can't find a correct one. Cheers

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,988 Posts
As I am also looking for a tow vehicle I found this thread pretty interesting..................!
As regards the fan upgrade - does anyone know a ball park cost figure if a vehicle I find needs it and, what is the simplest way to know - can you just find the info under the bonnet on the fan blades etc?

cheers
If you put a phone or camera down, you can photograph the labels on the fan centre - the wattage is specified - additionally look at the fan blades, if the proportion of blade-space is less than 50% it's a 600w fan, if the proportion is more than 50% then it's an 850w.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you put a phone or camera down, you can photograph the labels on the fan centre - the wattage is specified - additionally look at the fan blades, if the proportion of blade-space is less than 50% it's a 600w fan, if the proportion is more than 50% then it's an 850w.

Ok - thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Automotive tire Tread Grey Circle Tints and shades

If you look at the small sticker with "Brose" just below that it states 850w

·
Super Moderator
15,923 Posts
As I am also looking for a tow vehicle I found this thread pretty interesting..................!
As regards the fan upgrade - does anyone know a ball park cost figure if a vehicle I find needs it and, what is the simplest way to know - can you just find the info under the bonnet on the fan blades etc?

cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think this thread has probably run its course now but im happy to throw my hat in the ring and say that my R-Line has a factory fitted electric folding towbar, and of course the pano roof. I have towed our 1800KG over many miles with it and never even heard a creak from the sun roof. the only concern i have is with the sunroof itself. Apart from the opening feature being pretty much pointless, i just never open it since reading about the failures and costs to rectify.

Reactions: Davey2021

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think this thread has probably run its course now but im happy to throw my hat in the ring and say that my R-Line has a factory fitted electric folding towbar, and of course the pano roof. I have towed our 1800KG over many miles with it and never even heard a creak from the sun roof. the only concern i have is with the sunroof itself. Apart from the opening feature being pretty much pointless, i just never open it since reading about the failures and costs to rectify.
Keep the runners clean and lubed and issues are unlikely. I gave mine a good spray with a silicone lube and it opens & closes smoothly. On a really hot day the opening feature is lovely imho!! I think the original post was a wind up from someone who has not been seen since.

·
Super Moderator
15,923 Posts
Pretty much the same with me - I like it from a design and aesthetic viewpoint, it also has good functionality but in practice I rarely use it and could probably count on one hand the number of times I’ve had it fully open in the 8+ years I’ve owned it. We don’t always get the weather here but I‘ve travelled to France several times each year and keep it closed, preferring to use the aircon instead. I do use the tilt function and open the windows when parked up for very short periods with the dog left in, but that’s about it.

I have the factory swivelling towbar and have only towed a small trailer and use my Thule Easyfold XT2 bike carrier (2 x EMTB) several times a year and it always functions as it should.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts