Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just brought this, spec is in my sig...hope you like.
View attachment 2 picresized_1216719867_S7300934_OK.jpg[/attachment:3grpqve6]
View attachment 1 picresized_1216719951_S7300937_OK.jpg[/attachment:3grpqve6]
picresized_1216719995_S7300943_OK.jpg[/attachment:3grpqve6]

·
656 Posts
Lovely motor.
Congratulations on your purchase...Very Nice!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Very Nice Indded

I do like the light interior

Even at nearly 80k mine still looks fairly good

·
886 Posts
Very smart.

I have to admit I really wish I could have stretched to the Altitude model.

It so finishes off the car outside.

Happy motoring.

Tom

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the positive comments.

Has anybody re-mapped, what are the results?, i would like a little more grunt low down to help away from the lights so i can keep out of the turbo range and may be a bit better on the consumption to allow me to make a more progress each journey, currently driving miss daisy on the M6 @ 65mph = 31-32mpg

Have a little issue with the car, sometimes it locks me in and for the love of god i can't open the drivers door! this seems to happen when the Wife opens her door first, could it be the deadlock activating to stop me from leaving the keys in the car??

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Very nice!

Clearly yours has the wifelock mode - only operates when wife has exited the vehicle while in posession of your wallet.....its an option that she will have specified behind your back at time of purchase...unfortunately can't be reversed......

Sorry, other than the fact that the treg will self lock after being left unlocked for a while, I can't be more helpful....

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
It might be something in the set-up. I went into the Multi-Function-Display menu to set the doors to Auto-Lock when you drive off and for all of them to un-lock when I remove the key from the ignition- maybe this last part needs setting on yours?

Cas

·
656 Posts
Hi Towrag,
Something has been bugging me since I saw the pics of your new Treg. Something that didn't look quite right.
It's that old question about roof bars.
I think you'll find that yours are fitted the wrong way around.
The short angle should be at the front with the longer angle at the back. I checked mine last night just to make sure.
If you look on the inside of the lock cover plate you should see the following: -

On the front bar should be the letters 'FR' with a diagram of the front half of a car.

On the rear bar should be the letter 'R' with a diagram of the rear half of a car.

If you leave them as they are, it's been reported on this forum that you may get excessive wind noise at speed.
And
It doesn't look right.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tregger Happy

Not sure, i'll check tonight, used to the look as it is, and, i don't hear any excessive wind noise!? did when i picked it up, the roof bars had been left apart by 24inches or so and even at 50-60 mph.

i suppose it might have an effect of consumption?

Towrag.

·
Registered
488 Posts
That's interesting since others have reported quite a difference in noise levels or even rattling sounds. Must be because they've actually attempted to use them.

Great pictures though!

Wouldn't really want to start chopping away at the grill! Such a lovely spec to be spoilt by anyone chopping away.

Unless you are Chip Foose ofcourse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts