Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up yesterday from Sidlow Horsham VW - Chris Figg (lux car manager) was superb and did everything and more that you should expect from a car salesman - the perfect car buying experience in my opinion

Drove up to the midlands yesterday afternoon (120miles) and averaged 31.3mpg which was excellent (it would have been higher if we hadn't got stuck on the M25 for an hour :evil: ). Touareg drove impeccably and although I've not been in a Touareg for 2 years, I tend to feel it is a much better car than my old 54 plate 2.5tdi - feels tighter and more refined (of course that may just be the engine difference). The engine is then so much nicer than the old 2.5tdi for me along our short hilly lanes - less gear hunting and much smoother - this concluded from just one drive home yesterday!!!

Some pics of the beast!!!

At the dealers;

View attachment 11 IMG_0182-1.JPG[/attachment:3evfhuak]

View attachment 10 IMG_0183-1.JPG[/attachment:3evfhuak]

Back at home;

View attachment 9 IMG_0184-1.JPG[/attachment:3evfhuak]

View attachment 8 IMG_0185-1.JPG[/attachment:3evfhuak]

View attachment 7 IMG_0186-1.JPG[/attachment:3evfhuak]

View attachment 6 IMG_0187-1.JPG[/attachment:3evfhuak]

View attachment 5 IMG_0188-1.JPG[/attachment:3evfhuak]

View attachment 4 IMG_0189-1.JPG[/attachment:3evfhuak]

IMG_0190-1.JPG[/attachment:3evfhuak]

View attachment 3 IMG_0191-1.JPG[/attachment:3evfhuak]

View attachment 2 IMG_0192-1.JPG[/attachment:3evfhuak]

View attachment 1 IMG_0193-1.JPG[/attachment:3evfhuak]

Finally a quick thanks to member kam100 for arranging the finance for me yet again - MHC Finance always go beyond the call of duty by doing all the leg work for me making my life plain sailing when it comes to switching motors - Cheers Kam

Right, now I'm off to polish the beast !!!!!

Kaine

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Kaine - of all the cars you've gone through since you got rid of the old Treg, this is the first time since that I've sat here and truly thought "Nice Motor - I want one!"

The silver grille, Altitude kit and black paint just look absolutely stunning

Top purchase m8!

ENJOY

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Looks Fantastic

Great choice

·
430 Posts
Stunning, welcome home to the only cockpit worth being in.....did you get a torch?

See you around....Clarkyi

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers guys - still grinning ear to ear at the minute

Clarkyi - no torch I'm afraid, however I'll give kool9 a shout for one instead as his looking funkier

·
3,680 Posts
Nice,

You know a funny thing happened just the other day, Allan came through from the kitchen and said "you didn't tell me about the R50" I said oh yeh I read about that on mytreg only limited numbers though

It seems only right (I said) if you were to get a Touareg again that you go for the R50, H'mm he said

So I wonder how limited they are?? anyone know?? he has said nothing to me so don't know if he has had a phone round or not.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fi - go for it

I dont believe they are really limited at all - I know a few dealers now running them as demo's (currently owned by the various DP's) - not sure there is a true demand for it to be honest. However I think you should get one and then come down for a meet later in the year

Kaine

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
Jealous... Me.... Never...

Very nice Kaine great find, and quick....

As for R50's.. a few on the forecourts with <1,500 miles...

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Well done - right colour at last!

Fi - ask Kaine and I about the R50 in a couple of months..... :wink:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Kaine, that looks fabulous. If I was starting again, I don't think I could spec one better.

Lost a bit of the approach angle though :wink:

·
350 Posts
Nice one!!
Which wheels are they??

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Looks fantastic. How high was the high kerb < 1foot or > 1foot ? Do you have to be careful of speed bumps? or do you take them at speed :wink: ?

G

·
Many congrats Kaine, and thanks for the plug.
Always appreciate the business, and glad to have been of service for you...

Speak soon mate.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thats a cracking looking car, look how nice the wheels are!! I love to see them when their all clean, even inside, enjoy polishing that sweet paint!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts