Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I own a 2012 Touareg 7p with air suspension, and I face the following problem 1. As an error: C10D307 - level adjustment, mechanical failure (intermittent)

Address 34: Level control (J197) Tags :. 7P0-907-553.clb
Cod Fault found: 0644 - Control system of level C10D3 07 - Mechanical failure flashing - Confirmed - Tested since memory removal

2. The car does not rise to the last step. Generally, after raising 1 level, the compressor stops and the error appears on board. If you leave the car overnight, leave it, but not at all, just up to a certain point and never mind on all sides. 3. Checked for leaks, if not found. At the purchase of the new aftermaket compressor, the problem was not fixed. I bought a new original compressor and also the problem was not rectified. (feel the difference between oe and sh) Then I bought the valve block (sh) and the suspension control mode (sh), if the problem still hasn't been solved. The pressure accumulator does not receive enough air. With the car on, the pressure on the system is 2 bar, on the battery 5 bar and on the front cushions 6 bar and the rear ones 5 bar. When it receives the command of the lifting system, no pressure is applied (in the pressure accumulator higher than 5 bar) during the preset and the compressor stops. If air is manually introduced into the system, it works without error. If anyone can give an opinion, thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi I own a 2012 Touareg 7p with air suspension, and I face the following problem 1. As an error: C10D307 - level adjustment, mechanical failure (intermittent)

Address 34: Level control (J197) Tags :. 7P0-907-553.clb
Cod Fault found: 0644 - Control system of level C10D3 07 - Mechanical failure flashing - Confirmed - Tested since memory removal

2. The car does not rise to the last step. Generally, after raising 1 level, the compressor stops and the error appears on board. If you leave the car overnight, leave it, but not at all, just up to a certain point and never mind on all sides. 3. Checked for leaks, if not found. At the purchase of the new aftermaket compressor, the problem was not fixed. I bought a new original compressor and also the problem was not rectified. (feel the difference between oe and sh) Then I bought the valve block (sh) and the suspension control mode (sh), if the problem still hasn't been solved. The pressure accumulator does not receive enough air. With the car on, the pressure on the system is 2 bar, on the battery 5 bar and on the front cushions 6 bar and the rear ones 5 bar. When it receives the command of the lifting system, no pressure is applied (in the pressure accumulator higher than 5 bar) during the preset and the compressor stops. If air is manually introduced into the system, it works without error. If anyone can give an opinion, thank you
I am not familiar with the adjustable suspension
But I have 2 questions . .
Does the suspension drop down to lowest level and rise back to mid level???
Is it a faulty switch???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Kinda
I mean, I start car normally. It is in normal and auto, now I switch to rise 1 level, and it goes up 1 level.when I hit again rise, the car is struggling to rise and takes long time for compressor to runn and in a few moment the compressor is shut down and error appear. Of course the car won't rise anymore. It goes 1 level and give error. For example it does not go in Xtra offroad at all.
And, if I charge the sistem with air, the car will work ok for a few times to rise all the way up and down without any error until the air/ pressure in sistem get somehow out. When not enough air/ pressure is in the reservoir the compressor will not make enough pressure for it and will give error and shut down compressor. ( the error I stated above as mechanical error)
I changed:
- 4 compressors ( 2 sh, 1 new aftermaket and the last that's on 1 oem)
-3 valve unit ( all sh)
-1 module suspension ( sh)
-Checked for leaks, and found none
-Checked the level sensors, but they seem to be Okey

·
Registered
2013 Touareg R line V8 Diesel
22 Posts
2 practical options IMHO

1. write a blank cheque and take it to your friendly dealer to continue the random part swapping program at a gretaly inflated cost compared to your current spend
2. By a VCDS cable at about $200 US and do a full scan and post the problem to the VCDS forum for diagnosis help

To me it sounds like a problem between the level control module and the level sensors on each wheel either not being properly adapted or basic calibration settings being lost / wrong or some mechanical failure of one or more of the level sensors or some failure of the level control module itself( though you have tried a second one the second one may work but not be set right).

cheers
Rohan

·
Mechanical Guru
2,891 Posts
Checked that the compressor intake line is clear and also check the line between the compressor and pressure reservoir?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
-I'll give a try for the module and level sensors, and recalibrate again. Is there a special calibration? I mean besides the one that gives from vcds.

-The lines are fine, include compressor intake, they where checked and all good there.

-Thanks for the manual

·
Registered
197 Posts
If the adaptive suspension control unit -J197- has been renewed, it must be coded with the vehicle diagnosis system, testing and information system -VAS 5051B-.

The accumulator is filled with the vehicle diagnosis system, testing and information system -VAS 5051B-.
There are two ways of filling the accumulator with the vehicle diagnosis system, testing and information system -VAS 5051B-.
t Filling by means of the compressor
t Filling with nitrogen
When filling with nitrogen, secure the tools to accumulator as shown in illustration.
1 - Adapter -T10157-
2 - Nitrogen filling kit for air spring struts -VAS 6629-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 more question before
The compressed air is taken by the compressor from reservoir to lift the car,... and when lowering the car, where is the air supposed to go ? Back In the reservoir or out side ?
Why am I asking this. Because I don't understand where the compressed air from reservoir ( after filling the system) is dissipating.
Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
This is from VW Self Study Program 469
"Since the air supply in the Touareg 2011 operates as a closed system (closed-loop air supply) and thus the air is
pumped from the accumulator into the air springs to raise them and from the springs back into the accumulator to
lower them, the average pressure to be overcome is smaller than with an open air supply. This has allowed the
compressor to be made smaller, lighter and quieter. However, it is necessary to run the compressor for most
regulating operations. "

" If the pressure in the system rises above a certain value due to an increase in temperature, the air is released to the outside."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts