Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just returned from a 900 mile round trip from Devon to the Loire Valley in France, this is the first big trip for the treggy and she performed flawlessly

Snow was 3" deep at Le Harve and sally sat nav decided to take us cross country on a short cut :shock: man was i glad of ESP and four wheel drive. The car never felt anything other than planted ( New UHP grabbers did a sterling job) except when i went into roundabout a little er fast and lost the back end, did a cool drift with LOTS of opposite lock

We averaged 24mpg with a fully loaded car two up, on a mixture of payage, A roads, tracks etc which for a 5l V10 is pretty good i feel.
Temp got down to -8C and from a very cold totaly iced up start the car was ready to drive in less than 5mins using the heated rear screen, mirrors and the front screen blower, the washer jet heating worked 100% and we always had water for the screens
Heated seats were very welcome as well

Daz

·
886 Posts
Nice one.

·
121 Posts
SSSShhhhhh.
We sould'nt keep telling people how good our cars are,otherwise everyone will buy them.Then they will be as common as X5's etc.

Some freinds of mine drove down tothe South of France during this last week,in a "lesser" vehicle( Vel satis)stop laughing!!! It took him 3 days

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
Not velly satis factory at all, then!

·
886 Posts
noobytoogy said:
Not velly satis factory at all, then!
Oh dear :oops:

Stick to what you are good at Richard........................selling waranteeeees

Happy New Year

Tom

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
Et une velly bonne ann?e ? vous aussi !

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Alors, qui est cet "Richard" quand il est a la maison?

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Daz, that's good economy in your V10. I only managed 25 mpg in my 3.0 V6 TDI during our recent christmas trip to ireland.

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
staffs said:
Daz, that's good economy in your V10. I only managed 25 mpg in my 3.0 V6 TDI during our recent christmas trip to ireland.
Thanks, especially when you consider i might have hit 130mph once or twice, possibly!!!!

·
53 Posts
Sounds a great trek. Very brave speed. I have a couple of 90Euro speeding tickets awarded for a lot less than that.
Off to Spain in two weeks - will post the mpg from my 3.0l TDI

1 - 11 of 11 Posts