Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, remember my problem with the car losing all power to brakes, steering and engine just over a week ago??. well since then Car has been sat at Danes of Chester. Nobody but Nobody seems to know whats going on. Service manager is awaiting call from car Broker (having been told last week to not touch car) I am awaiting call from Broker because I have rejected vehicle and Lux support dont have a clue wats going on but have given me a golf to drive in the mean time. Has anyone else had a problem with NEW CAR DISCOUNT.COM or am I being unrealistic expecting things to move quickly. I will update you when I am . I think Danes think they are going to fix it and return to me

couple more days then off to Trading standards I think

cheers

Dave

·
1,553 Posts
i must admit this was the one thing that totally put me off buying from these discount places, at least if you go direct to a dealer (and these days if you take your quote in they will get pretty close) you have a point of contact all the time rather than some sat on the end of a phone

sorry no help there

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have to agree. That's exactly what I did, took quote to dealer, and got as close to it as possible, but I was happy to pay a bit more in order to build up relationship and accountability directly with them

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Bought our Touran from Carcraft in Liverpool (I know I know - Don't ask!) - I will never got to a discount place again.

They only supplied one key fob and no security key, and only gave us the £180 for a new reprogrammed one from our local VW dealership after Mrs. S threatened to return the car.

The whole operation runs on loads of people doing 'their' little bit; and as soon as that bit is done, they don't want to know.

Hope yours gets sorted

·
871 Posts
I also got my Treg via a Broker, via Danes of Chester.

The problem essentially is that we are the 2nd owners of the car, and therefore don't have the same level of protection - I would be surprised if you can reject the car because in the eyes of the law, you bought it 2nd hand from the broker, not first hand from VW.

Another example would be Insurance - write your car off in the first year and you get a replacement new one with most insurers. BUT NOT if you're the 2nd owner!

I couldn't get within £2000 of the broker price 15 months ago so I took the gamble as it was the difference between having the car and not having it.

I think as long as you know what you getting into beforehand, you dont feel as disappointed if something goes wrong afterwards (though I would be mighty pissed off it my car was written off and I couldn't have a new one!!).

PS. As 2nd owner, I didnt get an off-road day either....unless I paid!!

·
1,553 Posts
thats quiet a good point meld

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(meld3 @ Nov 9 2005, 04:17 PM)I also got my Treg via a Broker, via Danes of Chester.

The problem essentially is that we are the 2nd owners of the car, and therefore don't have the same level of protection - I would be surprised if you can reject the car because in the eyes of the law, you bought it 2nd hand from the broker, not first hand from VW.

Another example would be Insurance - write your car off in the first year and you get a replacement new one with most insurers. BUT NOT if you're the 2nd owner!

I couldn't get within £2000 of the broker price 15 months ago so I took the gamble as it was the difference between having the car and not having it.

I think as long as you know what you getting into beforehand, you dont feel as disappointed if something goes wrong afterwards (though I would be mighty pissed off it my car was written off and I couldn't have a new one!!).
PS. As 2nd owner, I didnt get an off-road day either....unless I paid!!
[snapback]12041[/snapback]​

Hi, Meld,
I am the first reg owner and keeper of the car not bought pre registered or anything else. I have rejected the car to the supplier (NCD.Com) and think that they doing the same to Danes. I know that I cannot reject the car direct to Danes because my contract is not with them. I have looked into it and as I am the first reg owner and keeper of the car I do have the right to reject bearing in mind the serious nature of the fault. It was quite interesting to find out that a major fault found within the first 6 months is deemed to have been there from date of purchase in the eyes of the law. . I did receive all the info regarding the off road day and the invite with my car.
I have just had a call from NCD.com and the director dealing with the case will ring me tomorrow (I am assured). We shall see.

Dave

·
1,553 Posts
dave hope it goes well m8

ross

·
871 Posts
QUOTE(dcirulis @ Nov 9 2005, 05:34 PM)Hi, Meld,
I am the first reg owner and keeper of the car not bought pre registered or anything else. I have rejected the car to the supplier (NCD.Com) and think that they doing the same to Danes. I know that I cannot reject the car direct to Danes because my contract is not with them. I have looked into it? and as I am the first reg owner and keeper of the car I do have the right to reject bearing in mind the serious nature of the fault. It was quite interesting to find out that a major fault found within the first 6 months is deemed to have been there from date of purchase in the eyes of the law. . I did receive all the info regarding the off road day and the invite with my car.
I have just had a call from NCD.com and the director dealing with the case? will ring me tomorrow (I am assured). We shall see.

Dave
[snapback]12045[/snapback]​

You did better than me then mate - my broker owned the car for ONE day before me !!!

If you get a refund......can I have your off-road day ??

·
1,553 Posts

·
3,680 Posts
oh this is not so good for you. Hope it all ends well for you but might take some time.
stcik with it though.

·
5 Posts
[quote name='dcirulis' date='Nov 9 2005, 04:34 PM']
Hi, Meld,
I am the first reg owner and keeper of the car not bought pre registered or anything else. I have rejected the car to the supplier (NCD.Com) and think that they doing the same to Danes. I know that I cannot reject the car direct to Danes because my contract is not with them. I have looked into it and as I am the first reg owner and keeper of the car I do have the right to reject bearing in mind the serious nature of the fault. It was quite interesting to find out that a major fault found within the first 6 months is deemed to have been there from date of purchase in the eyes of the law. . I did receive all the info regarding the off road day and the invite with my car.
I have just had a call from NCD.com and the director dealing with the case will ring me tomorrow (I am assured). We shall see.

Here will be your problem - you are rejecting the car as you have protection under the sale of goods act as a consumer. NCD.com are definitely not a consumer and as such they cannot reject the car with Danes (the law does not give such protection 'business to business').
I think you will find this will become an issue and that you will be another victim of these internet brokers. Sometimes it can be of major benefit to pay a little extra and buy from a dealer. I took my quote to my dealer and they got close.
I had a friend who brought an MGF in from europe once. He had a 'real' problem because his contract of sale was witht dealer - in Belgium!

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
focus said:
dcirulis said:
Hi, Meld,

Here will be your problem - you are rejecting the car as you have protection under the sale of goods act as a consumer. NCD.com are definitely not a consumer and as such they cannot reject the car with Danes (the law does not give such protection 'business to business').
I think you will find this will become an issue and that you will be another victim of these internet brokers. Sometimes it can be of major benefit to pay a little extra and buy from a dealer. I took my quote to my dealer and they got close.
I had a friend who brought an MGF in from europe once. He had a 'real' problem because his contract of sale was witht dealer - in Belgium!
[snapback]12081[/snapback]​
Just Spoke with Director of NCD. He said he feels same as me about rejection and will sort it !. Apparently VW are worse than most for taking cars back as rejects, But at a guess I would say All Mfcts wont want car rejected as it means a tecnical 'Loss' to them . He is going to speak with dealer principlee today and contact me in morning. Heres hoping i DON'T BECOME A VICTIM !

·
1,553 Posts
fingers crossed

and anything humanly possible

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
had Email from Lux Support, They want Loan car back leaving me with no wheels !!!!!. they have been told that My supplier is taking car back, are they replacing ???, ooooh dont know, VW now out of equasion I am told we want our loaner back. Going back tomorrow AM so hopefully I will know more then ByE BYE TREG Please dont kill your new owner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts