Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, I had a run in with a coping stone and have split the silver plastic bit on the bumper. I've seen that these can be bought separately but it's looking like £200 for a replacement. They also look to be chrome but I think that mine is plastic - could be mistaken...

Any recommendations on a supplier please? I'll go have a dig around scrappies and see what I can find too.

Cheers all. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Morning all, I had a run in with a coping stone and have split the silver plastic bit on the bumper. I've seen that these can be bought separately but it's looking like £200 for a replacement. They also look to be chrome but I think that mine is plastic - could be mistaken...

Any recommendations on a supplier please? I'll go have a dig around scrappies and see what I can find too.

Cheers all. :)
If you’re talking about the plate on the rear bumper then mine was replaced a couple of months ago after someone bumped me. The plate is plastic and mine cost £150 from VW

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K, that's not so bad I guess. Will spear at the local one and see what they're saying. Was it an easy swap out?

·
Mechanical Guru
3,020 Posts
If you don't mind the wait...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@chaser that part seemed to be a matt black one? Called VW direct and the part code they've given me is 7p6807787a2zz but at £206.50 they can hold onto it for the timebeing. Will try contacting the eBay shop and see if they can supply a silver one. Cheers for the pointer. (y)

·
Mechanical Guru
3,020 Posts
@chaser that part seemed to be a matt black one? Called VW direct and the part code they've given me is 7p6807787a2zz but at £206.50 they can hold onto it for the timebeing. Will try contacting the eBay shop and see if they can supply a silver one. Cheers for the pointer. (y)
Good job that you checked!
That will explain why it was that cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts