Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I booked a test drive 3 weeks ago due for Saturday the 27th of February and... Nothing!
I contacted the dealer Thursday the 25th to ask them why have they not contacted me and I was told someone from sales will be in touch.

No email, no phone call.

Peter Cooper in Porstmouth was the dealer. They had three weeks to arrange this!

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
Go elsewhere.

Buy elswhere if you like the car and the price.

And then send the link to this thread to Cooper's dealer principal.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Neil - this is common with all dealers - with very little exception in my experience - even a great dealer with lots of recommendations can fall foul of poor customer support (sales and after sales) - one of the main problems is underpaid salesman which comes from there being very little margin in selling cars these days - most people on forums (including mytreg) will tell anyone to offer lower and lower prices for cars - the dealers aren't allowed to make any money these days so become understaffed (both quantity and quality) and then fall foul of letting customers down. Play hardball like nooby and go elsewhere or pop in and speak face to face with a salesman - a customer on the doorstep will be given more time than a customer on the phone - this is the same in any business

Just my thoughts - do with them as you see fit.

Cheers

Kaine

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
Kaine suggests a more measured approach which is worth a try if the dealer is easier for you to get to as face to face always stands a far better chance of establishing a rapport.

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they are not too far away from me. In fact there are two of them and I know one has a 2008 Altitude which I am not interested in but I would be happy enough to use for a test drive. In my request for the test drive I asked if it was possible to have a car for a weekend. Is this being cheeky or perfectly logical?
I don't intend to do loads of miles or anything but want the wife to have a good look over it and see if it fits in the garage and check it over thoroughly.

I want to see how it takes the push chair and baby seat.

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to another dealer this Saturday (White Rose in Petersfield) and had a good long test drive up bendy hills and long straights. They had a 58 plate Altitude in which generally gets used for the test drives. The ride felt bouncy on a B road at 60 mph. I could see the sales guy bouncing around on his seat. The car was on 20" wheels. I felt the steering was good for such a large car. Wind noise was apparent once we got to the Dual carriage way as was road noise.

The cabin was rattle free and the journey enjoyable if not fairly slow compared to what I am used to.

I am now left in a sort of neutral mood where although there was nothing wrong I don't get that feeling of wanting to get rid of my BMW for one.

Being rich and begin able to afford both is the answer but not possible!

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Don't make the mistake of buying something you aren't happy with. Keep the BM and move on.

I, on the other hand bought my Treg without even driving it - owned many VAG cars over the years and never ever owned a BM (unlikely to either). The Treg is not a sporty car but I love the way you can just waft along in it.

You know what you likes and you likes what you know : )

Cass

1 - 8 of 8 Posts