Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
suddenly i heard a strange noise coming out from the dash board like clicking then the tempreture meter jumped to 120 and above and go back to 90 then to so many positions, now when i start the engine the normal when cold is 70 instead of 0 and the normal when cold is 110 instead of 90 but the real tempreture of the car is normal so i think that there is something wrong with the meter so if any body faced such a problem before so pls advise.

·
Registered
476 Posts
That doesn't sound good - It would be useful to know model, build date, mileage though.
Not heard anyone else mention this but suggest you get it thoroughly checked out by VW asap.

Has the problem coincided with anything else - like a flat battery or low battery voltage reading.
Reason I ask is that some people here have suffered strange situations/readings/warning lights flashing after they've had a flat battery or when the car has been left for a time and the battery voltage is low.

Anyone else heard of this prob??

BTW: Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
876 Posts
It has the feel of a sensor problem or the gauge itself, providing there are no other symptoms. If it is one of those not a big issue irritating yes...

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank u but now everything is back to normal, the meter is okay so when u start its cold and it rech the 90 as usual ???? so do i have to check it by vw any way ??

·
Registered
476 Posts
mbawadek said:
thank u but now everything is back to normal, the meter is okay so when u start its cold and it rech the 90 as usual ???? so do i have to check it by vw any way ??
Strange
- glad its working now though.

Getting it checked by VW: That's really up to you - all I'd say is that if the car is still under warranty it would be better to get it checked and logged now, in case the problem recurs again later.

just a thought

1 - 5 of 5 Posts