Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello guys - I'm new to the forum, and I'd appreciate the the opinion of the hive mind please.

My tail gate won't open. It's electronics I'm certain, since it opens with the emergency latch inside the boot, but the switch outside won't fire.

It's not a general central locking thing, or a key battery or a car battery, as all the doors lock and unlock with the key, but there is just no click when trying to open the boot, either by key or by hand.

I can't identify a dedicated fuse for that system, and research has taken me towards suspecting the micro switch on the tail gate, but before getting a new one (OK I know it's not a huge expense), I'd appreciate your opinion please on whether I'm on the right track. If so - I already have the trim off and can see that there is a wire from the switch area that goes to the latch area - do I need just a switch, or a switch and the (presumbaly) gizmo that the switch fires to release the catch - or do they come together? If you assume I'm an idiot when it comes to electronics, you won't be far wrong, but I do have a multimeter, so if they don't come together, is there a way of testing which part might be the culprit?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome along Phil ????

I'd be 99% sure that it is a broken wire/wires in the loom between the body and the back window.
It's located in the top right corner of the door as you open it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts