Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, thought id ask before i book this one in to be looked at: Main boot lock inoperable, doesnt unlock from key fob nor driver door switch. Checked Comfort Settings - all looks ok, (auto unlock). Window section locks and unlocks as it should but tailgate stubbornly stays locked. (Its not frozen either). I dont have the elec auto close/open option. Any ideas or is it a dealer job?! Cheers .

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
It has happened to me. I had to open the tail gate manuallly, and discovered that the locking plate was loose. It was a dealer's job which they did under warranty. You can open the tail gate manually. You need to climb into the boot if you cannot open the hatch. You need to prise open one of the rear light covers (as if you're changing a bulb) there will be a plastic pull attched to a cable in the aperture. if you pull this cable the lock releases manually. This is all in the vehicle manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ta Staffs - got boot open fine via manual method - now works again intermittently - feels like the switch under the diaphram has gone, can't always feel that little click - when i can, it opens - when i can't, it doesnt - I'll get it booked in. Ta again.

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
this weather doesnt seem to help , at weekend the inner hatch of tailgate would,nt open , tried a few hours later after locking & unlocking & still no , this morning after freezing night opened no problem , is this whats known as a technical gremlin ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wife is having this problem on her 2006 2.5. It has got to the point that she doesn't bother trying it. She opens the glass gate and pulls the cable, which is a pain because she uses it several times a day for the dogs!

I spent a wasted afternoon striping it down looking for something obvious like broken wire /switch but no luck!

Is it something the can be pickedup with VAG-COM?

·
6,288 Posts
My wife is having this problem on her 2006 2.5. It has got to the point that she doesn't bother trying it. She opens the glass gate and pulls the cable, which is a pain because she uses it several times a day for the dogs!

I spent a wasted afternoon striping it down looking for something obvious like broken wire /switch but no luck!

Is it something the can be pickedup with VAG-COM?
Possibly, do you access to one?

·
6,288 Posts
No unfortunately not!

Does anyone know where the relay is located that controls the boot switch?
My T3 has an ecu in the boot lid that controls it all.

You could pop down to mine and use my VCDS?

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
@ Newboy - you won't get a better offer than that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts