Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
MY21 V8 R-Line Grey
3 Posts
I've actually talked to and emailed my list to my local dealer today. The convenience entry thing is peeing me off. I want to use it on the drivers seat but don't wish to crush the baby's legs and he's behind the passenger.
They've no appointments until June and I'd need to pay £25 a day to reduce the excess on the courtesy car from £3000 to £250!
I remember this when the dealer I purchased off stuffed up my delivery and sent me a courtesy car. They told me as an aside that the excess was £3000. I kicked off and they paid the excess waver fee.
Since it's not the dealer I purchased off, I don't think I have much clout to expect them to wave the £25 fee! Anyone else come across this?

Mines not burned any oil in the last 2500+ miles. Level is still reading on the top bar.
There is a comment in the handbook about following the run-in procedure and it leading to reduced oil consumption if followed. Not sure how much validity there is in that?
Hey from Aus! New member here, thought I'd drop a comment in to @fka regarding squishing small children... if you haven't got it sorted already.

I had the same issue and figured out how to stop it using VCDS/VAG-COM / OBDEleven. See post #15 here: SOLVED - 2021 CR Touareg - disable easy entry for pax...

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's a great find. Thanks for letting me know (y)
I'm loathed to change it myself in case the dealer gets pissy about me invalidating my warranty but at least I can tell them what they need to do it they scratch their heads over it.
Cheers!

·
Registered
229 Posts
The so called software fix, in my opinion, has made things worse not better making the ride uncomfortable. To increase speed one eases foot down, nothing happens, down a bit further still nothing, then whoosh - not pleasant! Waiting to see local manager!
Some of you may remember this but an update in that the vehicle in question has been sold twice and is back at the garage and for sale again!

·
Super Moderator
15,867 Posts
Some of you may remember this but an update in that the vehicle in question has been sold twice and is back at the garage and for sale again!
😬

·
Registered
325 Posts
Crikey. You must really have had a lemon

·
Chairman
20,138 Posts
That sounds like it has left a very sour taste in several poor unsuspecting sods' mouths!

·
Registered
2008 T2 Touareg v8 7L BAR, Black on anthracite...&...2013 SL63 AMG Silver on red
12 Posts
Never buy any car without driving it.

You will be mad not to do so.

Reset the gearbox before you drive off.

Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine.

Press the accelerator pedal firmly to the floor for a full 10 seconds.

Release the pedal and then turn the ignition off.
Nooby...
Very sound advice, I perform one annually on my 2008, merely because it is my “cold and rainy day driver”, since I purchased my Mercedes SL63. With about 5 months of rarely driving the Treg, it really does help. HOWEVER...I learned about 10 years back that when you perform the gearbox reset you should also reset the throttle adaptation. Believe me, I do notice quite a difference if I don’t do the throttle too. Here are the steps I take to reset both:
1. Key on (without starting it).

2. Hold gas pedal down to floor for 10 sec.

3. While holding gas, turn key off.

4. Let off of gas pedal.

5. Key on (do not start) for 5 min (for throttle readaptation). Touch nothing.

6. Start Treg...enjoy!

141 - 147 of 147 Posts