Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R-Line Tiptronic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I’ve just picked up a 2016 R-line and need a set of 19” or 20” wheels and winter, or all season tyres. I thought I’d check on here to see if anyone has a set ?
I’m Oxfordshire based but can travel to collect.
All the best
Nin

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,959 Posts
Is there a specific reason you want 19-20" rims?

I've got a set of VW Tangis 17" wheels with 235/65 R17 Dunlop SP Winter Sport D4 that I no longer use as my regular 19" wheels have now got All-Season tyres on - the tyres have got 5+ mm tread left - the 17" rims will fit your 2016 R-Line.

They've got TPMS sensors to suit a 2016 T4

·
Registered
2016 R-Line Tiptronic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi BG, thanks for getting back to me.

The car currently has 21” wheels and as you’ll know and I’ve just discovered, tyres are more expensive and there’s less choice than for the 19 or 20” wheels.
So my plan is to switch to 19 or 20” wheels with all season tyres to run all year round.

cheers aye
Nin

·
Chairman
20,138 Posts
I think you will be better off with 17s, 18s or 20s.

There's a limited choice in 19s and they can be pricey too.

·
Registered
2016 R-Line Tiptronic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Nooby. Another option is to run separate winter and summer sets but I do like the option of having M&S rated tyres for the odd occasion I’m on or getting to a remote site.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is there a specific reason you want 19-20" rims?

I've got a set of VW Tangis 17" wheels with 235/65 R17 Dunlop SP Winter Sport D4 that I no longer use as my regular 19" wheels have now got All-Season tyres on - the tyres have got 5+ mm tread left - the 17" rims will fit your 2016 R-Line.

They've got TPMS sensors to suit a 2016 T4
Thanks Nooby. Another option is to run separate winter and summer sets but I do like the option of having M&S rated tyres for the odd occasion I’m on or getting to a remote site.
well i am after some new wheels and AT tyres, but when i look online it is very difficult to find a website that you can choose 17" or 18" wheels and then AT tyres. I dont really want new alloys, I'd be very happy with some black metal ones, but being a bit of a tard, its proving tricky (for me anyways lol!) Any ideas where I can get a steel wheel and AT wheel and tyre package?

not trying to hijack your thread mate!

:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
None taken 🤟

I’ve had a look for steels and not had any luck~ but that was for bigger sizes.
nice one buddy! i think we are on a simliar line of enquiry!

Yeah, getting 21" AT tyres look impossible. i guess if they had bigger size walls, then there might not be enough clearance?

not being a 'tyre guy' i am somewhat at a loss and tbh i am not a fan of my 21" wheels with a 40mm side wall. they just dont look right. and with the winter months rapidly approaching and with some light off road use planned, id love to get a heads up on a nice AT tyre and steel wheel combo!!

thanks

:)

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,959 Posts
Last time I checked, steel wheels are similar price to alloys but harder to find - that's why I bought new 17" alloys for my winter tyres when my Touareg was new.

·
Super Moderator
15,867 Posts
If you put steel wheels on you will need new wheel bolts and locking bolts. If you buy alloys, you can use the same bolts.

Tyremen of Hull used to do wheel/tyre packages but don’t see those anymore on their website 🤔

·
Super Moderator
15,867 Posts
Thanks for the update - I’ll close the thread 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.